Chapter six

I still couldn't believe what had been spilled. "You kissed Olivia?" Monse asked while looking Cesar.

"Damn." Jasmine said and I looked at her.

"Not the time." I said to her and she went quiet.

"Is it true?" Ruby asked us all. How was I supposed to know. Only two people had that answer.

"Yeah." Cesar said and he didn't look at anyone.

"You know they boning, right?" Jasmine asked Olivia. She was meaning Monse and Cesar. I didn't need to know that.

"Wait. Is he the guy?" Olivia asked Monse, but that wasn't important.

"This isn't about me. It's about Ruby. He's in love with Olivia." Monse said, we all knew that was coming out.

"What- -" Ruby got out and I looked at him.

"Don't act like it's not true." I said to him  and he went silent.

"can we just all take a moment to appreciate the fact that, for once, I was able to keep a secret." Jamal said and we all looked at him.

"You knew?"  We all asked him and this was turning into an argument.

"Why would you sell me out like that?" Ruby asked Monse and I, we didn't have to.

"What do you mean, 'Sell you out?'" Monse asked him and everyone was just talking over each other at once. I was staying out of this. I went over to Cesar.

"Look what you've done. I hope the kiss was worth it." I said to him and all I wanted to do was leave.

"Y'all messed up!" Spooky said and that's when everyone decided to shut up. "We got business." Oscar said as he walked over to Cesar. We couldn't go anywhere still.

"What about the lockdown?" Cesar asked him.

"It's done." Oscar said and I started leaving with them.

"Can I get a ride home?" I asked him and he nodded at me.

"Sure thing spookette." He said to me and he took me home before they went to go and do whatever they had to. When it got to lunch. I went to go and be with Jasmine. I wasn't even going to attempt to sit with the others. I then left her to go and find Monse.

"Did you know about this whole Olivia and Cesar thing? He's your brother so you should know right." Jasmine and I looked at her. Was she really wanting some juicy gossip because I couldn't even provide her with that.

"He doesn't tell me anything about that kind of thing, in the Diaz household. Relationships are private. We don't need to be in each other's business. When it got to the next football game apparently Jamal was playing and I would be going. But being there I wouldn't be near my friends. I saw Jamal wave at me and I waved back. He was benched but he didn't care. I was looking at the cheerleaders. I wouldn't want to be one of them.I decided to move and sit near the others. The whole crowd was booing over what was happening.

"The ref is clearly biased. That call was bullshit." Ruby shouted and I was taking a seat next to Monse. "Nice. Nice work, amigo. You got me." Ruby said and I started to tune the game out. I was hear to support Jamal and nothing else.

"Excuse you. What are you schooching? I'm the injured party here." Ruby said to Monse and I.

"We were just trying to protect you." Monse said to him.

"Don't act like we weren't." I said to him.

"Really? I start what that was? 'Cause I wasn't aware throwing your friend under the bus was protection." Ruby said to us, god. All I wanted was silence.

"Trust me. It was for your benefit." Monse said to him and he wasn't happy with that answer.

"Or yours. That bus was meant for you and you pushed me in front of it." Ruby shouted at her.

"Enough, we're here for Jamal." I said to them both before moving to the side with no drama.

"Fight! Fight! Yeah! Fight!" Mr. Turner shouted out as a fight started was breaking out on the field. I was just watching the game. That's when they put Jamal in. Oh, god. This wasn't going to end well. Ruby and Monse kept fighting and I started walking away again. To peace. This wasn't about me. I wasn't involved. I was too busy watching the game and I was so glad to see that Jamal was to the end game and once he was. I was proud of him. He actually did. He actually did it.

"All fall down! All fall down!" We all changed in the crowd and that's exactly what we did. We'd won the game and it was all because if Jamal. Once everyone left I went over to Jamal.

"You did so well." I said to him and I saw that all of our friends had left and they weren't around. I kissed him.

"I had a good luck charm in the crowd. That charm being you." He said to me and I smiled at him.

"Im glad that you did well. Now you need to come clean." I said to him and he looked at his parents in the crowd.

"I know it's the wrong thing to do but I'll let them have this victory first." He said to me. later that everything was peaceful no more drama.