Chapter eight

Today would be something different. I'd decided to actually do something that no one else would ever dream of. I was going to be with Jasmine. Of course, everyone thought that she was a crazy person obsessed with Ruby which was true. But I was currently under a green light along with Cesar. Of course I was staying off school and Jasmine was staying with me. "I've never been to a place like this before. Where's the posters?" She asked me as she looked at my bare room.

"There's not much that I can really put on them, it's not like I'm willing to go and spend my money on them." I said to her and she looked at me and joined me on my bed. This was definitely a lot different to what she was used to. She was used to peoples room that would be decorated, then there's mine. My white bare walls showing because I didn't have much money to cover them.

"I guess that makes sense but I will be bringing over some of mine so that you can cover these cracks up. Did Cesar get a better room that what you did? I'd argue." She said to me and that's when I looked at her. I couldn't take her own things, that was something that made her. Jasmine, gave her her own identity.

"I can't possibly take them, there yours. I can't take things that are yours." I said to her and she looked at me.

"Hey, there a gift. Your the only one in that group that ever wants something to do with me. You willingly spend time with me unlike the others." She said to me and that made me feel sad for her. She just wanted to feel accepted and no one made her feel that way. We main,y outcasted her like everyone else at school.

"Well that's because I can see you from a different light. You seem like someone who makes a good friend, always knows what to say. And that's exactly what I need and I'm someone that can do the same for you. I get that I don't know what you go through before if you need someone I'm here." I said to her and that's when she looked at me like she had a story that she wanted to share.

"You know one of the reasons that I'm so out there I guess people would say is because I feel like I have to put on an act. My dad has PTSD which has put him in a catatonic state. So I feel alone at some points which is why I'm so out there for everyone else. I just want someone like a friend that I can count on." She said to me and I never would've expected her to have shared all of that with me. It was definitely something that was personal for her.

"And if you ever need me then you know where I am. I am more than happy to come over whenever you need me to." I said to her with a smile and she looked at me like she needed that.

"And I definitely will need you to come around, it's nice having a friend like you that I can count on for anything." She said to me and maybe I was a good friend, I always thought that I wasn't. Especially since that since Olivia came in I was kind of pushed out. And being with Jamal I was feeling like I was kind of betraying the group. But at the same time wasnt my brother by dating Olivia.

'I wouldn't go that far." I said to her and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"Now your being the crazy one, you are such a good friend. Even if you don't know it besides if you weren't a good friend then why would you have so many. Even if they are mainly guys." She said to me and I looked at her with a smile. She was actually one of the sweetest people that I had ever met. She was one of those people who was reliable. She was definitely someone I needed around.

"Now, it's not my fault that one of them is my brother. We have some kind of connection because of that. I promise I've tried to get rid of him but he doesn't go away. But the others I've got no reasoning as to why they've stayed around for so long." I said to her with a smile, I'd been with them through so much I guess at some point we'd have shared trauma together. That was one thing that kept friendships alive right?

"Probably because your reliable and because your hot. Those boys clearly can't leave you for one reason. But if Ruby is into you, you are such a lucky girl. I wish he was into me." She said to me and I looked at her, he definitely wasn't into me. But it was clear to see who he was I go. It was Olivia.

"Well he's not. He's into Olivia, has been since he met her. And even though she's with my brother, he still can't let her go." I said to her and that's when she'd probably be thinking about all the glances that he'd been sending her way. Along with all the planning he'd been doing.

"Makes a lot sense. She's got Cesar and Ruby as choices." She said to me and she was lucky with two choices. Jasmine then looked at me. "And what about you? There has to be someone." She said to me and there was and I comfortable enough to tell her everything about anything.

"There is. It's Jamal but you can't tell anyway. It's on the downlow. Well for now at least. It's hard and complicated." I said to her with a smile. I was just glad that I could finally get this whole thing off my chest. It was something that I was happy with. Especially since I could share all of this with Jasmine. This couldn't be in the circle. Not yet at least.