Things to Come

Duncan's POV:

Here we are again in the middle of the city. An unpleasent smell invaded my nostrils everytime I walked around here. One singular stench stood out in this sea of people.

Sin.

Everyone was drenched in it, just like a cheap cologne. It will make any Ghost Rider's blood boil.

It just didn't matter. Women, men, children of all ages. All of them beared sins that not even of villest demons I've encountered did not comitt.

Zarathos: 'The scent makes me sick, yet hungry.'

We are in the middle of the city. You better wait for a snack.

Despite all these sinners... only a few were clean. It's not right to pile all of them together and call everyone scums

I grabbed my flask and took a swig from it. Putting it back in my inner pocket, I tried to ignore all the sinners around me and focused on something else. On infernal energy. Quite hard to do that since are some many people interfering with my senses, but it's also the perfect cover for an evil Rider, or more in this case.

Suddenly, I felt two individuals aproaching me from behind. I already knew who they are.

Zarathos: 'Guess it worked. Watch your back.'

Yes. They showed up in a crowded place. They must know that we won't be able to fight back in the middle of the city.

On my left I saw Vengeance in his human form. He looked like an army general that didn't smile all his life.

And on my right... the backstabing bitch herself, Lust.

Lust: "Hey there~ wolfy! Did ya miss me, handsome?"

Duncan: "I enjoy you company just as much I enjoy hanging around the church."

I ignored Lust's pouty face and glanced at Vengeance. He faced forward, but still kept close attention to me.

Vengeance: "I advise you don't make any rash moves. That's if you don't want the few innocents to suffer."

I could only play it cool for now. Let's see what they want.

...

...

Lust's POV:

Would you look at what we have here. Poor pup went on a walk all on his own. Let's change that a little.

After we positioned, Vengeance on his left and me on his right. Duncan didn't looked surprised in the least.

Was he missing me that much? How nice of him.

I swiftly got closer and grabbed his arm, putting it between my breasts. I could see he was trying to pull his arm away.

Lust: "Nah ah ah. Either play nice or..."

To prove my point. I flexed my fingers, my nails grew into claws. As an old lady walked by, I made a small cut on her neck. Which made her stop in place and started to gargle on her own blood as she fell to her knees. Nobody suspected me.

People started to crowd around her, ingoring us, we just walked away nonchalantly.

Duncan looked at me with a hateful look. His brows furrowed menacingly. His icy blue eyes having a tinge of fiery red.