At Odds

Duncan POV:

This was the moment. After spreading the rumours that Najenda was going east and Akame south, we made our move. The plan was quite simple, to split them apart and fight them. That was the plan... their plan.

I, on the other hand, will try to get Kurome, Bols and Wave out of here, that is if they show up. I must try to make it look like I'm truly fighting them, so I must hold back more then usual.

I was beside Mine at the top of a canyon. The others were hidden inside some sort of scarecrow inside the canyon, in the middle of the road. Talk about hiding in plain sight.

I was already transformed since I didn't want to be recognized.

Duncan: "Something doesn't feel right."

Mine kept tinkering with her riffle, not even bothering to look at me.

Mine: "You should trust Boss more. Her plans are always accurate."

Is that why we lost Sheele and Bulat? Accurate... as if!

I clenched my fist tightly before letting out a breath. Can't get angry or I will put more power then necessary.

Duncan: "Trust put me in the most messed situations."

I barely mumbled those words out but it seemed that it caught Mine's attention.

Mine: "What did you say?"

Duncan: "Forget it, there they are."

Mine turned back her attention to the figures that walked inside thr canyon. There I saw Bols, Kurome and Wave.  Guess my hope of them not showing got shattered.

Duncan: "Who's going down first?"

Mine: "Kurome. At least Akame won't have to fight her."

Looking back at Kurome, the aura surrounding her was sinister yet sad and unnatural. There's no war without bloodshed, and there's no such thing as saving everyone... they are mere delusions.

Duncan: "You won't make it. Better join with the others."

Of course my comment got her annoyed but it was more of an advice, one that Mine didn't get.

Mine: "Just you watch! She is going down."

Before I could say anything else Mine pulled the trigger and opened fire.

I facepalmed.

The bullet flew at high speed and when it was just a few inches away from Kurome's head she dodged it, much to Mine's shock but not mine.

The element of surprise gone, we had to resort to a frontal assault. The others jumped out of the scarecrow.

Wave didn't waste any time and put on his armor, but... Susanoo literally sent him flying into the stratosphere with a swing of his weapon.

Duncan: "Going down, don't do anything stupid!"

Mine: "As if!"

I quickly jumped down, as I landed I created a small crater throwing some pieces of the ground. I stared down the two opponents in front of me, Bols and Kurome.