Hellbent

3rd POV:

Tatsumi: "He did what?!"

Leone: "You heard me. Duncan left Night Raid."

It was barely after a while when Leone met with Duncan that she returned to the base. The news she brought were grave. All of them were in shock.

Najenda: "I see... this is a huge problem. Did he say anything else? Where could he be?"

Despite her distant look and her mind being in another place, Leone managed to pay attention. She shaked her head in denial.

Leone: "No, nothing. I tried to track him down but... all I could smell was sulfur. I lost track of him. Sorry, boss."

Najenda blew some smoke from her cigar. Cold sweat dripping down her brows as they furrowed.

Mine: "What does that punk think he's doing?! Last night just another dude with flaming skull just like him appears and he acts all fussy about it? I don't like it at all!"

Akame: "It's true, we know next to nothing on who or what Duncan is but doesn't strike me as the kind to run away."

As an eerie silence occupied the room, their minds raced at every possible action that Duncan would make. A few minutes passed until Najenda's eyes widened in horror.

Najenda: "N-no... he couldn't..."

Her distraugth expression gained the attention of the others.

Tatsumi: "B-boss...?! What's wrong?"

Najenda rushed up to her feet, throwing away her cigar.

Najenda: "That idiot is aiming for the Capital!"

...

...

...

Duncan POV:

I stared at the sceen of my phone for a few moments. Sighing... I pressed the Call button and put the phone close to my ear. I waited for a few seconds until the person on the other side answered.

Ahri: "Hi, wolfy!"

Duncan: "Hi there, foxy, sorry if I'm calling you at a bad time."

Ahri: "No, not at all. Just glad that I could hear you again. Feels like ages since we saw eachother."

I winced a little. The time difference shouldn't be that big but this might be the first time I've been away from my own world for so long.

Duncan: "Yeah, sorry about that. I should be back by tomorrow anyway. I just got a few things to take care of..."

Ahri: "Sigh... You're gonna do something stupid and reckless don't you?"

She sounded half amused and half concerned, can't say I blame her.

Duncan: "Something like that but that's how I usualy am."

Ahri: "Can't stop you can I? Fine, but you better make sure to come back alive and in one piece"

Duncan: "Come on, foxy, I'm too stubborn to die."

She began to giggle.

Ahri: "Yeah, you are. Remember how we first met?"

Duncan: "How can I ever forget? You ruined my jacket. You thought that I was an intruder and tried to kill me."

Ahri: "Again sorry. Who would've thought that the one I tried to kill would become my lover."