27

Isn't Being A Wicked Woman Much Better? - Chapter 27
Home  Isn't Being A Wicked Woman Much Better?  Chapter 27
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Chapter 27

“… Why are you so nosy?”

Isidor shortened his stride to match my pace, returning the words I said to him in the first place.

As we passed through a deserted and quiet side road and arrived at the place where the carriage stood, behind the main building, a servant that was sitting in a corner doing something else hurried towards me.
The servant tried to help support me, but Isidor naturally walked past him and took me to the carriage door.

As his body, which was holding me firmly, was removed, the fresh scent that lingered on the tip of my nose also faded.

When I was feeling empty without knowing why, my body suddenly floated and my bottom gently settled on the carriage seat.

He lifted my body as he pleased and sat me on the seat.

“Get home safe.”

Isidor grabbed the carriage door, speaking calmly as if nothing had happened.

Where do knights learn to lift a person that lets their guard down?

As my chest palpitated, I opened my mouth.

“I owe you.”
“Princess Deborah, just say thank you in a situation like this.”

He said jokingly, stretching out his nice lips.

“… Thank you. Sir Isidor.”

I said slowly while looking at his eyes, curved like a half moon.

To be honest, if Isidor hadn’t been nosy, no, chivalrous, I would have collapsed disgracefully in front of Philap and Mia.

“…”

However, he, who I thought would laugh playfully, looked at me with a strange expression.
I felt uncomfortable looking at his wide-open emerald eyes.

Huh? Just now, I guess it wasn’t very wicked of me.

“Y-You must be surprised to hear me say thank you. It is something exceedingly rare, like a bean sprouting amid a drought. Because I’m definitely not the kind of person to easily say thank you.”

I added an explanation that didn’t sound like gibberish.

“It’s an honor. Please go now and rest.”

Isidor, giggling absurdly, closed the door of the carriage and suddenly opened it again.
I flinched as he stretched his handsome face into the carriage.

What, what is it?

“Ah, it would be nice if the Princess had better eyes for men.”

Bump!

The carriage door closed without hesitation.

The carriage started moving slowly, unaware of how dumbfounded I was as I thought I just heard some nonsense.

“… Ah!”

I grabbed my hair fiercely as I was belatedly struck by reality.

If Philap were my type, I wouldn’t have been overwhelmed like this.
I don’t want such a hot-tempered macho type.

I’m not even the only one that hates him. Philap has always been at the bottom of the popular vote among the fishes.

Why does Deborah have different preferences in men than me and makes me suffer like this?