40🌹

Isn't Being A Wicked Woman Much Better?

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Chapter 40

‘Gosh! W-What is this?’

I was startled by an unexpected object lying on the desk.

I took a paper cutter made of platinum, which I had never used before, and ripped open the envelope sealed with sealing wax and string.
It was the first time an invitation came to me after the possession.

‘Ah, f— It was this?’

I was a little excited, but as soon as I saw the contents and the sender, my excitement disappeared.

It was an invitation to attend a magic theory conference.
Since they wanted to study the formula more in-depth, they were asking if I could present the related information myself.

“Ah. My life…”

I was reborn with beauty and wealth, but is it that I only receive invitations to academic conferences and not invitations to fancy parties or social gatherings?

‘Still, I’m glad it’s not a duel.’

It’s a bit annoying, but I replied that I would attend.

This is a great opportunity to promote the improvement formula, so there is no reason to refuse.
Recently, it has reached a point where it appears that all wizards are my stupid customers.
(T/N: The word used for customers is a slang that means a customer who is easily fooled or scammed.)

“Tell them it’s a positive answer.”

The servant who received my letter, sealed with a purple seal, politely bowed his head.

“Yes, Princess. Also, Helen Zihto has just arrived with the dresses for the Spring Blossom Festival ball.”
“I will go to the living room.”

As soon as I sat on the sofa with my arms crossed, the door opened and the servants started coming in, with their arms full of spring-inspired dresses.

Helen Zihto, whom Deborah had picked directly in the Yones District, has been designing my clothes for a long time.
From a chic and urban feeling to a glamorous and sophisticated feeling. She was good at choosing clothes that matched Deborah’s image.

As she is a talented designer, I have been leaving her to it; but this time, I was involved in making the dress for the spring flower ball.
I showed Helen the pink diamond in person and asked her to come up with a design that would go well with the jewel.

I didn’t wear it on purpose because I didn’t want to get dragged into the original work; but thinking about what Philap did to me, I felt angry.
After all, that bastard is the one who has a prejudice against me and argues with me no matter what I do.

‘It’s my jewel, so why can’t I be confident?!’

Rather, it would be easier to take this opportunity to increase the value of the pink diamond and resell it at a higher price, as the Master said.

‘And to make the necklace stand out, the design of the dress is important.’

Deborah’s face and body are always doing her best, so only Helen needs to be good.

Today of all days, the designs were a bit ambiguous.
Helen, who seemed to have been working overtime because the work wasn’t going well, looked at me carefully and gave a presentation about the dresses in an unconfident voice.