52

Isn't Being A Wicked Woman Much Better?

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Chapter 52

“You are being proactive today.”

His face came closer.
An unrealistic handsome face smiled playfully in front of my nose.

Although his beauty suffocated me, I was secretly dumbfounded.

“Are you playing a joke on me now?”

With his eyes wide open, he quickly pointed his finger towards the sky.

“Look there. It’s starting.”

In the sky, an intense light fired by the wizard was flying, leaving a long trajectory behind.

Boom! Boom!

As the sound of firecrackers exploded one after another, the night sky flashed in a roar, and yellow daffodil-shaped fireworks began to illuminate the night sky.

‘Wow.’

It was spectacular, so I let out a small exclamation.

The fireworks soon bloomed splendidly red like a rose, and then bloomed brightly here and there like a cosmos.
It scattered radiantly like dandelion flower seeds and glistened elegantly like a tulip.

A dreamy magic unfolded as if the entire sky had become a huge flower garden.

When I heard the cheers of people in the distance, my heart swelled.

‘If only I had chicken and beer, it would be the best.’

I looked up at the sky absent-mindedly, wishing that this moment could last a little longer.
The fireworks, which had spread in all shapes and colors that it was reminiscent of a flower garden, quickly faded into a pale pink color and fluttered like butterflies in the sky.

I unintentionally stretched out my hand towards the night sky, where the stars seemed to be falling like snow.

“… It’s pretty.”

After muttering in a low voice, Isidor, who was next to me, agreed in a gentle voice.

“It’s beautiful.”

***

After the fireworks were over, we returned to the auction house using the scroll Isidor had.
I was in a hazy mood the whole time I was watching the night view, and it was only when we arrived at the auction house that I could barely get a hold of myself.

‘It’s like I had a wonderful dream for the first time in a while.’

Even in the carriage returning home, the afterimage of the splendid fireworks remained and flickered in front of my eyes.

The ancient document that Isidor gave me did not catch my attention at all; so I closed the book and leaned against the window, reflecting on today’s day.

‘Honestly, both the ball and the fireworks were quite fun.’

I also learned a new fact that social dancing is surprisingly exciting and enjoyable.
Isidor’s friendly smile and his large hands came into my mind one after the other like a flashback, and I quickly shook my head.

I was excited and my heart was beating fast, perhaps because it was a situation like an event I did not expect at all since coming into the tragedy novel.

‘Now that I’m back to reality, I have to come to my senses.’

I patted my cheeks lightly and got off the carriage.