50

Isn't Being A Wicked Woman Much Better?
 Chapter 50
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Chapter 50

I spoke coldly.
Even if I didn’t try hard to change my voice, a cold tone came out on its own.

“I said I was going to lead you around as you intended, so why are you talking nonsense? Are you saying you’re going to throw away the chance I’m giving you to raise your self-esteem?”
“I was wrong for a long time. This is not a problem of self-esteem. All food has an expiration date, and what you’re giving me now is rotten food that I might have wanted to eat at one time, but it’s now expired, and I can’t eat it.”
“What?”

Philap’s reddish-brown pupils trembled faintly.

“How does the recipient feel when you put spoiled food in front of them? Dirty, of course.”

I lightly squeezed Isidor’s large hand.
He looked at me with a look of surprise.

“Philap, don’t suddenly act like you are kind and take care of your partner. I’m going to wrap up the flower of the year and the ball in a pretty way.”

‘The flower of the year must be Isidor, right?’

What if I dance with just one person? He is more gorgeous than anyone here.
As Thierry said, no one can argue that Isidor is the flower of the year.

‘Although I was going to skip the last dance and go out.’

I lightly pulled Isidor and walked towards the stage where the people were dancing.
With Philap standing blankly behind us.

***

Some nobles stayed longer inside the Imperial Palace; but as soon as the last song was over, I hurriedly left the ballroom and took out the black robe I had brought in advance.

“Princess!”

As I walked outside wearing the robe, the bodyguard that my father had given me hurriedly caught up with me.

“Where are you going all of a sudden? Where on earth did those clothes come from!”

He gasped heavily, surprised by my sudden disappearance.

“James, take me to the night market.”

I spoke as if I was waiting, putting a mask with a boring design over my face.

“Why do you want to go to such an uninteresting place?”

As soon as the bodyguard heard my destination, he was stunned.

Unlike the fountain plaza near the imperial palace, where the nobles played around elegantly, the night market was a crowded place where all kinds of people came and went.
Of course, it was another highlight of the Spring Flower Festival.

“Uh-huh. You’re talking a lot when I want to go somewhere. There is something I want to buy at the night market.”
“Princess Deborah. The inside of the night market is much more crowded than around this plaza! You may be pushed by lowly things.”
“I think you can make sure I don’t bump into the lowly things.”

The bodyguard made a preoccupied expression at my indiscreet tone of voice.

“In analogy, crowds come in like waves. How can a man stop a wave?”

I narrowed my eyes.

“Hmm, are you maybe stopping me from going to the night market because it is a difficult and inconvenient place to escort me? It is said that it is a place where a lot of nobles also go to have fun. I am very disappointed with you.”
“How could I!”
“Then let’s go. It’s not that difficult.”