45

Isn't Being A Wicked Woman Much Better?  Chapter 45
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Chapter 45

Although I only met his emerald eyes, I was unnecessarily nervous, and my neck muscles became stiff.

I was secretly embarrassed, but I pretended not to have seen that good sight and feigned innocence with a cold face.

“Long time no see. Sir Isidor.”
“I know, right. This is probably the first time we meet since the fact-finding meeting, isn’t it? I was deeply impressed with the formula that the Princess improved.”

He naturally started talking, giving me compliments.

“That’s not a big deal for me. Hmph! Then.”

I was about to go on my way after bluffing, but the cat that was with Isidor blocked my path and flashed its yellow eyes.

“He is a very wary child, but I guess he likes the Princess very much. Curiously.”

It had no other choice.
Because I had a bunch of catnip in my shawl pocket.

‘I’ve been going to Blancia too often lately.’

“Do you like the Princess that much?”

Isidor bent his knees and stroked the chin of the cat that hovered around me.
Suddenly, I looked down at him, and saw that unrealistic face from a handsome angle.

‘Ah, it was a good life.’

“Ah, have you perhaps gotten a partner for the spring flower ball?”

When I was feeling threatened by his indiscriminate face attack, he looked up at me and asked a strange question.

“Why are you asking that…?”

Isidor slightly folded his eyes to make his cute eyebags appear.

“If you don’t have one, would you give me the honor of escorting the Princess this time?”

W-What?!

My lips stiffened in bewilderment.
Why would a precious person want to do that with me?

“I don’t have a partner yet. I heard the Princess is the same.”

I really don’t have one, but if you line up the people who want to go with him, you’ll build the Great Wall of China.

“Isn’t it the Princess’ turn to show off her nosiness?”

He drooped his eyes as he remembered that he had helped when I had that big fight with Philap.

‘He’s like a big puppy.’

Actually, the one who was in a hurry to get an escort was me. The festival was just around the corner.

‘But it’s very suspicious.’

Why is he making this offer to me?

I hesitated, and then opened my mouth.

“I’ll receive your offer for now.”

He smiled brightly at my answer, deepening his shallow dimples. It was almost blinding.

“I see I have a chance.”
“It’s b-because I’m fickle sometimes. Hmph! I have an urgent appointment, so I have to go.”
“An appointment?”
“Oh, yes. Well then!”

Embarrassed by his refreshing smile, I gave a stupid answer and hurriedly ran to Blancia.

***
Master! Where the hell did you go at this crucial moment?