¹¹ its hard to hate you

—

MILA FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO STAY ENERGIZED, she had been incredibly sleep deprived and it was hard to keep going between her home life and struggling through her senior year of high school.

she tried coffee, she tried energy drinks, and of course she tried drugs.

nothing really worked, besides drugs, and it also kept her skinny.

the problem is, cocaine is an expensive drug. it costs hundreds of dollars to afford a small amount—-and considering mila grew up on the south side of chicago and money has been a problem her whole life, she struggles with keeping cocaine in her possession.

the brunette walked around the halls of chicago arts with dark circles encapsulating her ocean blue eyes, she felt like a zombie.

everything that was in front of mila felt like it wasn't physically there, like if she reached her hand out everything physical around her would evaporate into nothingness, like everything was sheet in front of her reality.

that's because she wasn't just tired, she was strung out.

cocaine gives you a massive adrenaline rush, makes you feel the most energized you have ever been in your entire life. but once that feeling wears off, there comes the crash.

and the crash is fucking horrible.

the crash consists of exhaustion, loss of appetite, dizziness, dehydration, aches, chills, and a pale complexion, all of which, were things that mila was facing at seven in the morning at her high school.

"—hey mila!" malia cheerfully came skipping over to her long time friend, that was until her eyes fell on mila's face, seeing what she looked like, "jeez are you okay?" malia asked with concern,

mila let out a fake cough before responding, "yeah, think i'm coming down with the flu or something" she said through her hoarse tone of voice, making malia's face contort into a look of worry,

"you should go home and rest" malia suggested, but mila just shook her head as she slowly shut her eyes while continuing to walk, she had to keep going, she couldn't give up and she couldn't quit.

"i'm fine malia" was all mila could say back in a groggy voice, she wasn't fine, she felt like she was going to die, puke, or pass out at any given moment.

it was just always better for mila to keep shit to herself now though, it prevents awkward conversations about love, feelings, and depression from happening. mila didn't like talking about her feelings much, mainly because she never had that from her parents growing up.