¹² a call of midnight

—

OCTOBER 31ST, 1999 MARKED THE LAST HALLOWEEN BEFORE THE 2000'S, it was a major cultural shift that was about to happen. chicago being a big city tried to stay up on culture, however, the south side just had a bad way of doing it.

any celebration on the south side was really just a house party that had about an eighty five percent chance of getting shot up before the end of the evening, kids got used to it though.

it's something you have to get used to if you grow up somewhere like that, or it's just going to eat you alive.

mila ripped up the pile of clothes that have been sitting in the corner of her room, throwing the pieces of fabric behind herself desperately, some of which hitting her triangle ceiling before crashing down on her bed, desk, or floor.

she was in desperate search of the missing white glove that went with her costume.

at high school halloween parties, everyone was something that was usually basic, as was mila, but she tried to make it look as different as possible.

she was a princess, however instead of just slapping on some pink dress and calling it a day, she dressed herself in a white corset with skin tight white shorts, her hair curled with a small crystal crown on the top of her head, and last but certainly not least, long white gloves.

but she couldn't find one of her gloves, and grace was going to be there to pick her up any minute.

"dammit!" mila muttered under her breath to herself before quickly getting up in her long white heel boots and going over to look underneath her bed, she moved a few boxes around for a minute.

and then, her eyes finally landed on it.

"aha!" she said before grabbing the white glove from underneath the bed and beginning to put it on, however, that's when her bedroom door cracked open.

"where are you going?" julia's gaze fell on mila, making mila roll her eyes, there was no one she hated more in the world than her bitch of a step mother who always had to rear her ugly head to ruin mila's day at any given moment.

"a party" mila vaguely said as she finished putting on her glove, causing julia to cross her arms and lean against the door frame before she spoke, "a party? what the hell are you wearing?" she said in disgust as she looked at her step daughters outfit,

the costume was slightly more on the scandalous side, and if it wasn't for the fact that it was halloween, mila would never wear something like what she was wearing right now.