Chapter 1

Bruce Banner lived a very privileged lifestyle. He was the prince of a small kingdom, brilliant, wealthy, and very handsome. However, he was also conceded, vain, and, at times, had a terrible temper.

One winter night during a frigid snowstorm, the man was throwing a party after he had made a scientific discovery that would change the world. When he was about to give a speech, there was a knock at the door. The footman answered and an old woman went up to Bruce, begging for shelter. She offered him a beautiful red rose in exchange for a roof over her head.

"No," Bruce replied, his tone cold as ice.

A mist surrounded the woman and unveiled her disguise. When it cleared, Bruce recognized her immediately. He tried to apologize, but the damage had already been done.

She placed a spell on him which transformed the prince into a giant green monster, filled with rage and anger. He would transform during nights of the full moon, and when he lost control of his anger, having no control over the beast.

Only a few of the people who stayed behind were given abilities to keep the beast at bay.

The castle and part of the woods surrounding it were enchanted, so that time stood still while the rest of the world moved on. Memories of the palace and its residents were removed from the people in the village.

Since the moon could not be seen from the castle due to the everlasting snow, Bruce had been given a book that he could use to step into the outside world without anyone seeing him. The object was the only door into his kingdom.

The rose the witch offered him was enchanted and would bloom until the early 21st century. However, when the last petal fell, the man would permanently turn into the green monster, unless, he fell in love and the person loved him in return. Only then could the spell be broken.

If he did not succeed, not only would he remain in his green form, but his kingdom would forget him forever and he would no longer rule.

In the year 2016, the first rose petal fell, and Bruce had begun to accept his fate. Who would ever love a man who becomes a Hulk?