Chapter 32

"So, it's all true," Ross asked.

Natasha turned her head to see Agatha Harkness as she stood from her spot then flicked her hand, which cleared the mist that was showing the Hulk and the castle.

"His name is Bruce Banner and he turns into a monster called the Hulk," the witch replied.

"If this is all true, then he could kill us all. Do we want that?" Ross riled up the crowd.

Natasha heard most of the people in the room exclaim, "No!"

"Then I say we kill the Hulk!"

Natasha knew anything she said would be ignored. Ross saw Bruce as a threat to his own power and glory. He was going to go after Bruce, and she needed to warn him.

The redhead met Yelena's eyes and then snuck out. She ran to Laura's house and let Fanny outside.

"Fanny, go find Bruce."

The dog took off and Natasha knew she would be safe from the crowd. Before she could figure out how to get Yelena, Natasha's phone went off signaling a text message from Fury.

Fury: We have Yelena. She's safe. Go!

Natasha ran out of the house and toward the direction of the palace. When she saw snow, the shield around the castle began to have a purple glow. She knew it was Agatha's doing and she also knew she needed to hurry before the town got there.

When she was just a few steps into the snow, she saw Tony fly towards her. When he landed, he said, "I saw Fanny. She's in the castle. Why is our shield purple?!"

"Agatha."

"Harkness?"

"You know her?"

"We all do. I can't believe she's still alive."

Natasha got back to the topic at hand and said, "The town is coming to fight. I need to warn Bruce."

He nodded and lifted her up. As he did it started snowing lightly. "Hang on," he said and went faster. When they reached the castle Tony dropped her off at the balcony that led to Bruce's room.

"Nat?"

She turned to face the familiar voice and saw Bruce in what he was wearing in the mirror. She ran and hugged him. When they parted, she said, "You need to run, hide or fight. Ross is coming. Agatha Harkness made the boarder visible and now the townspeople are after you."

"Tony, get the others. Let me know if I need to be down there before I turn green."

"Got it," Tony said, then flew down.

Bruce unzipped his jacket and handed it to Natasha. She put it on and thanked him, noticing he was wearing a long-sleeved shirt.

"Come with me," he said while taking her hand.

He led them to a wall in his room and pushed one of the bricks in. When he did a large portion of the space opened, leading to a hallway.

Bruce took them down the hall and into a bigger and wider hallway with glass cages, surrounded by a green glow, similar to the area upstairs when she first arrived.

"This entire area is completely Hulk proof on this side of the castle," he explained. "I can't get in or out unless I'm in my human form. There's a full moon tonight and if someone surrenders, I need you to get people who aren't fighting to safety. The other cages are too far away and Tony will be on the front lines, so he can't take them up there."

She nodded. "Okay."

He hesitated a second before saying, "I missed you."

"I missed you too."