Chapter 2: The Sacred Book Knows Everything

What have I done to cross fates with this mischief? Eunchae can only bridle her frustration from the annoyance of her companion.

It's been hours since they walked. And to tell you what, they progressed nothing. They're still in this thick forest, wandering around like lost children. Leeseo had no sense of direction, clearly, and Eunchae had it difficult to remember their path all because of her focus being slandered by Leeseo's endless blabbers.

Leeseo just can't let her off. That cloth that covers the girl's face made her even curious. "Are you really not a bandit?—"

"Silence, girl. Grant me silence," she clenches her jaw as she turns away and continue walking. If it weren't for Leeseo being such a leech, she could've already left her by now. Eyebrows creased, Eunchae looks down where Leeseo is holding onto her elbow tightly. "Can't you let me go??" She tried to shake hers off.

Leeseo only tightens her hold more. "And what? Let you run away and leave me? Yeah. Sure." Surprisingly, she suddenly lets go. Even shoved the older away. "Go. All you people leave me anyway. Just leave me alone."

Eunchae was stunned while she stares at Leeseo's back while she walk away. "What's with her now?" Somehow, guilt starts to swell over her. She bit her lip out of frustration, letting out a sigh before running after the girl. "You can come with me— just shut your mouth at least." The girl didn't stop.

Without Eunchae knowing, there was this cheeky grin on Leeseo's face, feeling victorious of how Eunchae's chasing her. That psychology book played off nice.

"Hey! Ahn Hyunseo!"

That was the only thing that stops Leeseo. Even Eunchae froze when she realize what she just did.

Leeseo turns around, a mix of shock and confusion written on her face. "How.. did you know my name?"

There was a barrier of silence between them. With Leeseo confused, while Eunchae didn't know what to alibi.

"You really are a bandit, aren't you??" Leeseo ran after Eunchae who attempted to walk away. She grabbed her shoulders and made her turn around. "How did you know my name? Were you following me—" and she gasp. A sudden realization hits as she recalls, "was it you who followed me last night??"

Eunchae bit her lip anxiously. Well, it wasn't her intention. Who would've thought there'd be someone wandering in the middle of the night? And for all fate, why does it has to be Hyunseo?

"Forget that."

"No— you were clearly following me! What for?? I have no money— hold on a minute...."

There was a feeling that Eunchae wouldn't like what's gonna be next. She just knew from the way Leeseo changed expression to a conceited look. "You're stalking me, aren't you?"

"What??"

"Nuh-uh, I see." Leeseo sighs. "Understandable. Since when?"

Eunchae's brow twitch, "how impudent—"

"Nuh-uh... don't have to deny it now, it's nothing embarrassing." Leeseo shows a proud smile which only brought the other girl irritation. "I like roses— not the red ones they're typically too overrated— I prefer pink roses. Oh, lake date sounds nice. We should bring spare bread to feed the swans, they're adorable. Have you heard of Meandra Valley? It's full of blooming flowers there, it's a good dating spot too. By the way, tell me your name. Show me your face too then maybe I'll consider."

"Are you hearing yourself?"

Leeseo smiles even wider. "Don't be embarrassed, it's okay that we're both girls! I have two mothers."