Chapter 13: Visioned Fate

"Forgive me, Princess. Please take care of yourself."

Karina's face back when she bid her good bye still lingers in Gaeul's head. She can still hear the betrayal in the older's voice. The only thing that made Gaeul doubt her choice; am I doing things right?

She can't help rewind her memories. The conversation last night brought her back time, when Hyewon first told her about the fate.

A month ago at the palace of the Blizholde Capital, when Gaeul received a summon from her mother.

"Your majesty."

Gaeul stopped on her tracks when she heard a familiar voice from behind. "Karina. You went out from the Academy?"

Karina bowed to greet, "I came as soon as I heard the news. You must've heard of it as well."

"I still can't believe it. Who would do such intolerable madness..."

"Let me escort you to the Queen."

They both walked through the hallways. Such tense atmosphere doesn't usually occupy when they're together. But the burden of the unacceptable news naturally pulls everyone down.

They had just heard of the raid and Queen Minju's passing. It was an unexpected event none of them saw coming. The late Queen Minju was under the protection of the South Nation, but now that this happened made Gaeul felt somehow responsible. As the South's Princess, she should've looked out for Minju's body with full cautious. She failed.

Their attention was poured fully at the case of the dead messengers that they didn't realize it was a mere facade. It's like they turned their backs on Minju for something else and failed to see the vulnerability they placed her into.

It's done now. Everything already happened and it's too late. Minju's gone. The Central had just lost their Queen.

They arrived at the Royal chamber. Karina opened the door for Gaeul to enter and the Princess entered hurriedly. But the moment she stepped a foot, she instantly froze. Even Karina stunned by the immense magical pressure inside the room.

Gaeul saw Hyewon standing by the window and a familiar woman sitting beside her, has blonde hair and a cloth loose hanged around her neck. It was her, the presence of this woman is where this tension came from.

"I—I'll excuse myse—"

"Stay here, Jimin." Hyewon stopped her immediately.

Gaeul looks at the older confused, and even Karina herself has no idea about this.

Slowly adjusting to the heavy atmosphere, they stepped in and walked to them.

"Where's Mom?"

"Eunbi remained at the Dragon Mountain peak to mourn Minju's burial along the others."

It was then Gaeul recognized who the woman was after she looked at her direction. Her eyes widened, "Auntie Yena—" once again she stunned.