Chapter 15: Madness Reveals the Monsters

A/N:

Warning!: Mention of disturbing scenes and words such as violence, blood, etc... please read at your own discretion!

———

Kazuha couldn't be at ease.

In a wide hallways where only Rei's fire gives them light, sounds of their footsteps running and heavy breaths can be heard.

Kazuha was leading the way. She had just found track of Leeseo's mana that now they're following. Although only a very faint remnant, it didn't escape from her sharp senses.

They continued running, not doubting a tiny bit of Kazuha's lead. What's in their minds right now are the kids. If something happens to any of them, only God knows what might unveil. Kazuha can sense it, and what's been making her slightly uneasy right now. What she felt, behind her are three monsters with their flaming eyes.

"AHHHHH!"

They all halted when they heard a scream.

"Hyunseo!" Yunjin shouts the owner of that voice. She sprints, overtaking Kazuha and raced to where the voice came from. The others followed just as fast.

They reached the deepest part, the bottom of the seemingly endless stair passage. The flooded floor splashes the moment their footsteps reached the very bottom ground. It was even darker and creepy. The echoes bounce louder than their footsteps itself.

And there was this crying voice. Sobbing. Whimpering. They all freeze with widened eyes, their hearts starts to drum fast that they forgot how to breath.

No. They didn't fear the cry.

They feared the voice of the cry.

Rei blazes a bigger flame in her hand, widening their vision. Only for their hearts to shatter by the sight.

The flood wasn't water. It was red. Blood. Bodies of whom they recognized was down the ground in a disaster bathed in own blood.

"Eunchae! Jiwon!" Yunjin run to them immediately, followed by Kazuha. Eunchae has purple bruise around her neck, a sign of strangle, along with the other bruises on her skin. While Liz beside her was flat on her stomach. Her cloth was completely torn that shows the deep claw wound on her back.

"N-No," Yunjin began to shake as she pulled Eunchae to her lap. She gently holds the younger's face. No signs of consciousness. She looks over to Liz and turned paler when she realized the wound hasn't stop bleeding. Her head was drowned on the flood.

Kazuha lifted Liz's head immediately to let her breath. Thankfully, although faintly, she was still breathing. Both of them are. Kazuha tore her own cloth and knelt down.

"What... happened," Kazuha utters as she pressed the cloth on Liz's wound to block the bleeding.

Rei and Gaeul was standing from behind. Eyes are wide and... flaming rage.

Then the certain voice echoes again. The same sob. Same whimper. The cry that enflamed the madness in their hearts even more.

"Leeseo?" It was Leeseo's voice that cried. They all recognized. "Hyunseo!" Yunjin ran to where the light of Rei's flame reached. At the very end of the room there was a figure crouched down, her forearm wiping the endless tears that flows.

"Hey... Unnie's here now." Yunjin kneeled and immediately hugged the younger. She can feel the fear while she was shaking. And her cry. It made Yunjin regret not being able to find them sooner, she could've protected them.