Chapter 8: Scorpion's Dagger

A/N:

Typos and errors ahead! No time to proofread sorry🤧

———

Minju is really gone. Yunjin herself couldn't believe it either. She doesn't want to believe. It felt like yesterday when she was still a beggar in the outskirts of Falkari Port, a town on the boundary of Central Empire. She was an orphan with no family to rely on, that until Minju found her.

The palace was Yunjin's home being welcomed with warmth. Her family.

What happened? Yunjin herself couldn't figure out. Chaewon was like her mother, and it hurts her the most remembering the way she glared at her like she was a plague.

Eunchae is all that filled Yunjin's concern. Her safety. And to bring her out of this city is one reason why she enrolled in the Academy. She knew nothing of Chaewon's rage back then. And most definitely she knew nothing of what they will do to Eunchae and herself if they stay longer in Gafrosa.

Even if it means running away from the boundaries of the Empire, Yunjin will. For Eunchae's sake.

Liz's silly idea was an opportunity Yunjin took for her purpose. If it's the haunted ruins they're after, Yunjin will make sure they will be gone by then.

But Yunjin wasn't sure if she can survive this chaos.

"Jiwon— move your butt!"

"It's Liz! Okay? L-Liz— can we stop for a moment please?"

"What have you eaten?? You smell like rotten egg!"

"Just... some be—" she exploded fart.

"Arghhh! Jiwon!" Eunchae.

"I'm inhaling poison!" Leeseo.

"It's the beans— oh fuck this I'm gonna shit. Stop the carriage!"

"THE CARRIAGE IS LEVITATING!"

"JIWON-UNNIE CALM DOWN!"

"I'M ABOUT TO SHIT!"

"YOU WANNA SHIT ON THE CLOUDS?!"

"Your mana Jiwon-unnie! You're taking us up!!"

"MY SHIT!"

Yunjin runs her palm all over her face, more than dismay she felt.

They're levitating up in the air, their carriage reeks of deadly fart.

Yunjin tried to ignore the ruckus inside and kicked the door open. She looks down and instantly knew death will only await them if they fall down. Liz had really taken them far up. She sighs in grieve disbelief.

"LET IT RAIN SHIT!" It was the final resort. Liz lets it go through the hole she punched on the floor.

"Yuck!" "You disgust me!" Leeseo and Eunchae groans as they turned around. Fingers pinching their nostrils close.

"What?? It's good fertilizer for the plants below!"

"Just finish your business quick!"

Yunjin gave up. She opened the door and climbed to the roof of the vehicle where she found Gaeul there, sitting laxly. She was holding horse's leash controlling the direction of their ride.

"Good air, huh?" Yunjin scoffs after she set her foot on the rooftop. It wasn't really a humble greeting but rather a sarcastic one.

Gaeul eyes Yunjin as she sits down in quiet a distance away. "Well... was it wise letting that idiot Choi take your position, team leader?"