Chapter 3: Entrance Exams

Wiz... Academy?

Leeseo's mind is on daze, as if floating above clouds of her own thoughts. The cloaked girl's words still linger in her mind.

Should she go? Wiz Academy is something she never dreamed of. But.. is the sacred book truly real? Is it really in that school? Does it really have the knowledge to provide cure for Yuna?

But the thing is... of all places, any mastery school would be the least Leeseo wants to be.

"Argh!" She groans frustratingly, ruffling on her own hair. She is seated in one corner of the royal library, a book laid open on her lap. But with all this thoughts bugging her mind, she can't even focus on what she's reading.

"I didn't even asked her name!!" She shouts, angered by herself. How come she forgot to ask that girl's name??

"Silence!"

Leeseo slapped her mouth shut almost immediately. She looks at the glaring librarian with one apologetic smile, "s-sorry."

One deep breath was enough to pull her focus back. She flips the page of the book, "mana is an eternal form of magical energy that branches off from natural essence— whatever whatever." She reads out. Evident on her voice in boredom. As she reads between words, gradually her hands just placed themselves comfortably beneath her chin. "Spirit beasts— nah." Flicks to another page. "Soul Ocean..." and another, "Magician ranks— argh!" And she snaps. She placed the book down, agitated. "These are all basic knowledge!"

Out of irritation, she threw the book on the floor. WIZ Academy?? Psh! I'm never going there! I'm a future physician, not a magician!

She was about to stand up, but then remembered the book. She can't just leave after making a mess, can she? So she went back to return all the books she borrowed back to their shelves.

The last book, the one she just threw was on the floor laid open. She was about to pick it up when she noticed the words written.

Resurrection: Sacred Spell of Soul Devour.

It was the title of the chapter. Oddly enough it piqued Leeseo's interest. Just the word "soul" was enough to lure her in.

She picked up the book and sat back to her position earlier. Her eyebrows deeply creased while her lips pout: an indication that the unserious Ahn Hyunseo finally gets serious.

"Soul Devour?" She utters. She flicks the page over, only to furrow more of her already furrowed eyebrows when seeing the page was almost blank.

Soul Devouring Spell, a spell type magic.
Creator: (unknown)
Type: Ritual spell.
Element: Dark magic.
Chant: (Unknown)
Rune mark: (No figure)
Power rank: (Unmeasurable)
Additional Informations: No further informations to be provided.

Leeseo starts to raise her eyebrows, especially as she read the last note. "This spell is labeled forbidden; must not be performed."

"If it's forbidden then they shouldn't have wrote it in the first place." Leeseo just shakes her head and put the book back to its place where it should be. "I should go."

The Royal library is one of her favorite places, or anywhere as long as there's books. But right now she's not in the mood for stories. She left the place and wondered the palace without certain destination. Her mind clouded by that cloaked girl— and somehow, that certain spell still lingers.

Soul Devouring spell? Just what was that? Leeseo shakes her head off and walks on ahead.

She decided she'll just go back to the tower, when she realized the corridor leads to somewhere familiar. Leeseo knows this path. Then she remembers, oh right! It's already midnight! Only then her eyes brightens. Excited, a destination finally came in mind so she fastens her pace.