Chapter 14: Ghosted Ruins

"JIWON!"

"EUNCHAE!"

"HYUNSEO!"

Concern filled their voices as they shout their younger members' names. They were like in a stadium where every sound bounces back an echo. Their footsteps wasn't so pleasing in their ears. The disturbing echo made them feel as if they weren't the only ones around. Every time they shout, the echo would bounce back with a slightly different, higher pitched voice. It might just be a natural occurrence, but it sure didn't place Yunjin at ease.

Apparently, even Kazuha was heavily disturbed.

"Where have they gone to??" Yunjin was the most panicked. "How did they vanish just like that? I was sure I followed right afterthey haven't gone that far, right?? Hyunseo can't run a long distance-"

"They couldn't possibly just run and disappear." Rei cut her off. She's slowly getting irritated as Yunjin gets louder the more she panics.

"Then where are they?? Hiding? KIDS!" Yunjin calls again.

"Shut up old hag!" Rei complains.

"You don't tell me to shut up MY KIDS ARE GONE!"

"Taken," before it gets any louder, Gaeul interrupted.

"WHAT??" Rei had to cover her ears by Yunjin's shout.

"Indeed, they couldn't have disappeared just by running off. You heard how Jiwon screamed earlier. It could be that she was taken. Along with the two."

"There are other people here??"

"I wouldn't exactly say 'people'," Gaeul averts her eyes to the quiet Kazuha. "She has sharp senses, right?"

They all turned to Kazuha. It was noticeable before but it's even obvious now that Gaeul pointed it out. Kazuha is extremely cautious. She keeps her eyes keen and keeps observing the surroundings.

"Something you picked up, Zuha?" Rei asked.

Kazuha took a few seconds before she looks at Rei "Weird... entity."

"Entity?"

"The rumors wouldn't start without a witness, after all." Gaeul speaks in her low voice that starts sending chills on this skin. "We're in the Ghosted Ruins.."

Yunjin grew the most goosebumps. "Entity..? G-Ghosts don't exists, right?" If it wasn't thanks to the darkness, they would've already freaked out by how purple Yunjin's skin turned. "Don't touch me!" She immediately distanced herself when she felt a hand touched her skin.

"What the f-" Rei was both confused and surprised when she saw Yunjin. She neared her flame to her which totally exposed the latter. "Are you alright??"

"I'm like this when I'm stressed, okay?? It's poison so don't touch me!"

"You sweat poison??"

"I.. I don't know too! This just happens."

"Breath. You're hypoventilating." Gaeul suddenly utters that earned their attention.

"Huh..."

"You're short of breath."

Yunjin wasn't even aware of it herself. But after Gaeul pointed out, she realized she indeed is breathing too shallow. She dropped to the ground, didn't fight the slight dizziness more. She's been too worried about the trio that she lost track of herself