ENCHANTED FOREST - PAST

The Apprentice was in the process of sweeping the floor, when suddenly the fire on the torches went out. The Apprentice stopped what he was doing and looked up, dropped the broom on the floor and drew his sword before saying, "Show yourself, Dark One." He turned to the entrance.

Zoso walked into the vault and said, "You... Are not... the sorcerer."

"No. I am his apprentice." He saw Zoso holding his dagger. "And you are not the first Dark One I have faced." He moved to strike the Dark One, but Zoso disappeared. He once again went to strike.

Zoso used his magic to throw the Apprentice back, before stepping up onto the podium and focused on a small box.

"You don't want to know what you'll unleash if you open that box," Zoso warned.

Zoso removed his hood and turned to face the Apprentice. "Then the sorcerer should not have put his faith in someone like you." He turned back to the box and attempted to open it with his magic, but he was suddenly thrown back by an invisible force, and he landed a few meters away.

The Apprentice stood up again and looked down at Zoso. "Fortunately, Zoso... I am not the only thing he puts his faith in."

Zoso, angry, cried, "An enchantment!"

"Cast by the sorcerer himself. And no one who has succumbed to the darkness in their heart can ever break it. Now be gone." He sheathed his sword again.

Zoso, defeated, magic'ed himself out of the vault.

The Apprentice turned back to the box. "Every Dark One has tried, but no dark one will ever possess what is in that box."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Mr. Gold who was standing in his shop, the same box was on the table in front of him. He successfully opened the box using his dagger and it transformed into a magical hat.

---

Emma, Nevaeh, Grace and Henry were in Emma's bug, and Emma stopped out the front of Granny's diner, each getting out of the car and standing on the pavement, looking at Granny's Diner.

"You sure you're okay with this?" Emma asked.

"No, but Grace and I want you to be happy," Henry replied, gently pushing Emma toward the diner.

Emma and Nevaeh entered the diner and the former closed the door behind them. They saw Jefferson and Hook playing darts.

Hook and Jefferson stopped playing and turned to face Emma and Nevaeh, watching as they walked toward them and the former said, "The Snow Queen turn up? Did Jefferson and I miss the search party?"

Emma, slightly nervous, replied, "Oh, n-nothing to miss. There's no sign of that ice witch yet."

"That's all right, Swan," Hook said with a smile. "You'll find her."

"Yeah, I know. Uh, that's not why I'm here."

"Then why are you and Nevaeh here?"

"Well, I thought about what you said last night about being a survivor, and you're right."

Hook turned back to the dart board. "It's like I said, love, you don't have to worry about me."

"Good, 'cause I'm here to ask you out." Hook threw a dart, but it hit the wall. He was surprised and bit flustered by Emma's question. "To dinner or something."

Hook turned back to face her. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you out?"

"Should have known you'd be old-fashioned, given your age... what are you, like 300?"