ARENDELLE - PAST

Three little girls were playing and laughing. They were running after a kite.

"Ingrid, hurry!" Helga cried. "It drifted over here!"

"It's ruined," Ingrid said.

"No, it's not," Gerda told her. "The ribbon is still beautiful. It would look lovely in my hair."

"No, Gerda. It would look lovely in my hair," Helga argued.

"It was my idea!"

"I saw the kite first."

"I should have it. I'm the oldest, after all," Ingrid reasoned.

"So?" Gerda argued.

"So, one day I shall be Queen. And this is befitting a Queen."

"I see you've found my kite," a man said.

"I'm so sorry," Gerda apologized. "We didn't know. But we didn't break it. We found it this way."

"That's all right. It wasn't worth much. And besides, I've got my eyes on a much bigger prize. Such pretty Royal Princesses will fetch an equally pretty royal penny!"

"What are you doing?!" Helga asked.

"Help!" Gerda cried.

"Don't even try it, little one," the man told her.

"Let my sisters go!" Ingrid demanded, freezing a branch.

"Aah!" Gerda screamed.

"You're a monster!" the man yelled as the branch fell on the him.

"Ingrid. What's going on?" Helga wondered.

"I don't know,"  Ingrid admitted. "Stay back. I don't want to hurt you."

"You saved us," Gerda said.

"He called me a monster."

"He was trying to take us," Helga reasoned. "He's the monster."

"But look what I did to him."

"Whatever you did, you had no choice."

"But I had no control over it. What am I supposed to do if it happens again? And how am I supposed to be a queen? What will happen when people find out?"

"They won't find out. It will be our secret. No one has to know. We'll help you figure out how to control it... Whatever it is."

"You'll help me?"

"We're your sisters," Gerda replied. "Of course we'll help you. And we will never look at you as a monster."

"That's right, Gerda," Helga agreed. "Everyone take a ribbon. This is our sisterly pact. As long as we hold these ribbons, we will be there for each other."

"We will never be alone."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

The Snow Queen entered the library. She got to the clock tower and put her mirror on the wall.

---

Regina was in her vault. Robin Hood entered and greeted, "Hello, Regina."

"I told you it was best to stay away," Regina told him. "The only way Marian is going to live is if you give her a kiss of true love."

"I know."

"Then why are you here?"

"Honestly... I don't know. My mind was in the forest, but my heart took me here."