ARENDELLE - PAST

The Snow Queen rode to a cave. She hid the hat under a rock.

ENCHANTED FOREST

The Snow Queen visited the apprentice who said, "I know who you are. And I can be of no help to you."

"No, of course not," the Snow Queen replied. "You're an errand boy long past his prime. I wish to speak to the one you work for."

"There are many who desire an audience with the sorcerer, but he speaks only through his apprentice."

"Then tell him, apprentice, I wish to make a deal."

"The sorcerer does not make petty deals, especially with those who have succumbed to the darkness... Like you."

"I think in this case, he might make a small exception. We'll see. I have his hat."

"You have no idea the forces you are dealing with." He threatened the Snow Queen with his sword.

"Hmm."

"Tell me where it is."

"Oh. No. Did you think that I was foolish enough to bring it with me? The hat is hidden far away. And unless he gives me what I want, the sorcerer will never see his hat again."

"And what is it that you so desire?"

"Happiness. The kind I haven't known in a long time... Since I was a little girl, running in a field with my sisters, chasing a kite. Our love made us strong. Until it didn't. My sisters could never accept who I was because they were... Ordinary. I want two new sisters, born with magic, like me. My niece, Elsa, will be joining me. We need a third magical sister... A perfect match."

"A match like that will be extremely hard to come by. It could take time."

"Tell the sorcerer I am a very patient woman. I am willing to wait as long as it takes to find a perfect sister."

STORYBROOKE - PRESENT

Emma was sleeping in her car. Her magic was activated. She woke up afraid and said, "Okay. Okay, come on. Calm down."

Henry joined her and called, "Mom?"

"Henry, what are you doing here?"

"I've been out all night looking for you. Everyone has."

"I told them all to stay away. I can't control my powers right now. Listen, don't worry about me. I'm gonna find a way to fix this, but until I do... You got to go."

"No. You always think that pulling away from people will fix your problems, but it never does. I can help you."

"Henry, just wait. I..." Henry touched Emma. She lost control of her powers and pushed Henry away. He was hurt. "Henry! Henry, are you okay? You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm... I'm fine."

"Is that a cut? Henry, what did I do?"

"I-it's fine. I'm okay."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Mom."

"Stop! Please, don't come any closer. I love you, kids, but you got to go. Just go!" She lost control again and Henry ran away.

The Snow Queen showed up and said, "I know exactly how you feel... Seeing the fear in his eyes. You are out of control. But, Emma, you're not going to hurt me. Nor should you. I'm on your side."

"Just leave me the hell alone."

"You can run, but it won't help. The only way this ends is you embracing who you are."