17.) 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

Your P.O.V 

Over the past couple of days since the dinner with the Coopers, Georgie and I have grown significantly closer. That is, in our platonic relationship and by proximity. And by proximity, I mean literally right in front of me. We've been spending lunch together most of the time, and I feel that the seat that used to be empty in front of him, all this time, was meant for me. 

We haven't talked in a good 10 minutes. He hasn't asked a question either- 

"What'cha thinkin' 'bout?" 

"Hm?" 

"You were just doin' that thing again. Starin' off somewhere when you think." 

Can't believe he notices that, really. I didn't take him as that kind of guy. But hell if this man'll be my husba-FRIEND for the rest of my life, fine by me. 

"Well y'kno, that concert's coming up. To my surprise it's for some dance thing too. I mean who does that? Why announce only part of a program you clearly already planned out?" 

"I get what you mean. Some things in life just, shits all over all your dreamin'. Like it ain't nothin' but a football in a field." 

He was right, mostly. Mr. Geller's been on our collective backs (heard he was getting a divorce but did he really have to take that out on us?). We have part of a shitty high school band and for what? Some dumb dance that half the kids' parents aren't going to let them go to. The punch isn't even going to have any flavor in it, let alone alcohol. I just think it's so unbelievably, immensely, ungodly of this school to waste money on some half-assed program instead of, I don't know, improving the school facilities? Paying faculty better? I mean, what's a student complaint gonna do? Pile up in the office? It's so goddamn lame and- 

What's that weight on my hand? 

Snapping out my intense internal ranting, I felt Georgie's hand on mine. This seems to happen to us alot, but even if that is the case. I hope it happens forever. 

Georgie's P.O.V 

She's gettin' tense again. She's been stressin' about this band performance thing it's makin' her stiff. I ain't sure how I can help either, don't know half the shit her cool brain knows. I'll try to anyway. 

"You're alright y/n, I can promise you that much. If it makes you feel better, I can walk you to your rehearsals this afternoon. Seems like a long haul walkin' there on your own again doncha think?" 

"Yeah, yeah that seems good Georgie. Thank you" 

She smiled again, smaller this time but y'kno what? It's all I really need. 

*timeskip given to you by texas snowglobes*

I never liked partin' ways with her at the end of the day, but like hell what am I goin' to do? I got trainin' today as well, so I guess everything works out. That is until I saw her schedule from the corner of my fast texan eye. 

'(Insert band name you want here) Practice: 3:00 pm-6:00 pm'

What in the hell is about to go down in this here practice room? 

"Y/n, I uh gotta ask you somethin' real quick"

"What's up Georgie?" 

"3 'till 6? I mean, don't you think that's a lil' too much practice? I mean, by that time you'd be the next moscow"