Childhood Friends

"That was some trick Ashy-Boy."

Ash froze in his spot being hearing that name. "No way! He couldn't have figured it out!" Ash said in his head.

"I'm sorry, you've got me confused with someone else," Ash responded without turning around as he tried to walk away with Gardevoir and Scrafty right behind him. He almost got away until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Listen Ash, we need to talk," Gary said with determination in his voice.

Ash shrugged Gary's hand off his shoulder, "I already told you! I'm not who you think I am! I'm the World Monarch Champion, Aaron!"

Ash tried to walk away again, but Gary was determined not to let him get away so easily. In doing so he forcibly grabbed Ash's wrist.

"You can't fool me Ash. I know it's you. I've been waiting six years for this conversation and your not walking out of it," Gary said with much determination in his eyes.

Ash was starting to get a bit irritated by Gary's actions. "There's nothing to talk about!" He says as he yanks his arm free of Gary's grasp. "The friend you once knew is gone and he's never coming back!"

With that Ash attempted to walk away again.

Gary at first was a bit shocked by Ash's actions, but he was determined not to let him get away without any answers. In one quick motion he grabbed Ash's arm forcefully.

"Lies!!" Gary yelled, "I saw the way you looked at Serena at the beginning of the match, the way you battled Iris, the bond and trust you share with your Pokémon during the battle. You may have become a better trainer and a better strategist, but your still Ash Ketchum!!" All while Gary was talking Ash tried to release his arm from Gary's grip, but this time it wasn't working.

Gardevoir could sense the rising anger in her trainers emotions and it started to anger her how Gary was treating him. In a quick moment her eyes began to glow light pink.

Soon Gary's body became outlined in light pink. "Whoa! Whoa! What's going on?" He asked in confusion.

In one quick motion she lifted him up and away from Ash and slammed him into the wall. Ash, Pikachu, and Scrafty were shocked to see her act out like this. As she pinned Gary against the wall she held out her hand and began pushing him into the wall. Unlike Scrafty and Pikachu, Gardevoir didn't know Gary like that thus why she's attacking him the way she is.

As much as Ash was thankful that Gardevoir managed to get Gary away from him Gary was still his friend, and if he didn't do anything Gardevoir could potientally badly injure him if he let her continue.

"Easy Gardevoir, that's enough," He said gently placing his hand on her shoulder causing her to look at him.

"But Ash," She was about to ask until she noticed her trainer's peacful smile. It was enough to calm her down as she took a deep breath. Her eyes stopped glowing as the energy around Gary disappeared causing him to drop to the ground.

"I'm so sorry Ash," Gardevoir apologized placing her hands in front of her while holding her head down. Ash smiled knowing why Gardevoir acted the way she did. After catching her, his and her bond were on similar levels of him, Lucario, and Greninja and could sense his emotions from far away similar to how Lucario can sense his aura from far away.

Whenever Ash was feeling a strong emotion Gardevoir sometimes acted on those emotions. That and also she hates when anyone messess with her trainer and can become cold to anyone who harms him. Gary was just lucky that he was one of Ash's friends, otherwise she could really badly injure him.

"It's alright, Gardevoir," Ash said placing his hand under her chin making her look up at him. "Don't worry I can handle this I assure you."

She was still unsure about Gary though since she didn't know him.