The Hoenn Redemption

"Lycanroc! Use, Stone Edge!" Gladion commanded.

Lycanroc unleashed a loud howl as he stomps his paw on the ground causing the light blue stone pillars rush towards his opponent.

Seconds later one of the stone pillars strikes a Dragonite square in the chest launching it up into the air before crashing back down into the ground kicking up dust. When it cleared Dragonite's eyes had turned into swirls.

"Dragonite is unable to battle! Lycanroc wins! Gladion is the winner!"

The crowd cheered for Gladion's 3-2 victory over his opponent who on screen revealed to have a Tyranitar, Metagross, and finally Dragonite. Everyone from Alola were watching and cheered for his victory as well. Though his mind was elsewhere. Ever since he found out Ash was alive, he had been feeling incredibly bitter ever since. Lillie was the only one who noticed his recent behavior, but she hasn't brought it up to him as to not cause anything or make things worse.

It was three weeks into the Pokémon Master's league and the battles were only getting better from there. Today, Max, Bonnie, May, Dawn, Gary, Iris, and Serena were all watching the battles. Brock couldn't come because the Pokémon Center had gotten extra busy so he couldn't show up, Clemont and Korrina had some "special" things to take care of so they couldn't watch the matches.

The only reason Serena was there was because she wanted to support Max and Bonnie while also being talked into going since they asked her into coming with them. Although, relucant to do so she went with them.

For Serena the day felt like as if it was dragging. As mentioned she was woken up this morning and talked into watching the matches with them. It's not that Serena found them boring, it was just that she didn't really care for any of them. She wasn't really aware of the matchups as she only came for her performance and to support Bonnie, Max, and Korrina. Other than that she really didn't care.

Luckily for her, this was the last few battles for the fourth round and the next day would be a break from the battles, which would mean some more time for herself.

In the recent battle before Gladion's, a trainer with an Empoleon had just won his battle. It was a kid from Sinnoh that Ash, Dawn, and Brock knew very well. His name was, Barry. A kid full of energy and was quite strong in battle. That is if he's not trying to fine someone every five seconds.

Giovanni also made short work of his opponent as well by defeating them with his Bisharp and Persian alone as well, though he mostly just did it just to screw around with his opponent. It was also supposed to be a jab at Ash.

"Ladies and Gentleman we now have arrived at the final battle of round three! It's time to give it up for our competitiors. Now let's introduce our trainers! First we have a winner of the Hoenn League conference. This young man represents the Hoenn Region and is one of the favorites from Hoenn to win! Everyone give it up for the Hoenn League Winner! Tyson!"

Out from the corridor came a young trainer with brown hair and black eyes. For attire he wore a dark green short sleeved jacket, with a maroon colored shirt. He also wore khaki pants along with blue shoes.

 He also wore khaki pants along with blue shoes