✰ | four ;

I can smell the salt in the air before I hear the horns of ships in the port. There's a lot more foot traffic here, armed or unarmed, people moved through the gates quickly. The sun shone brilliantly, reflecting off the water in a dazzling gleam. I want to ask Ghost to stop to take in the view, but I know I can't.

I wonder if he purposely slowed down, or if it were just a figment of my imagination. "Alejandro will meet us at the leftmost gate." Ghost mutters and I nod, turning my attention ahead of me. People pushed past each other to reach these singular points of entry, flashing tickets to sea lines and entry passes for the guards to see.

We steer away from them, heading toward a secluded area. Humvees were moving through and the place was studded with guards. "Los Vaqueros or..." I scan the area with my eyes, my suspicion growing. Were they our forces or someone else's?

"Alejandro's men." Ghost responds, following a car as it passed. I do as well, returning the cold stares of the guards as we passed. I catch sight of Rudy first, conversing quietly with a few other men and pointing toward the Port in an unenthusiastic way.

"Welcome to the Port," I turn my attention to the leader, Alejandro, striding up to us. Ghost nods in acknowledgement and I cross my arms. "And you walked all this way, Canary, were you really shot?" I scoff.

"I need painkillers. We ran out two hours ago." Alejandro turns and says something to one of the men nearby. Ghost starts walking toward the Port and I glance at Rudy, who seemed to have his attention on us now.

"You'll get them soon. Come, we have a ship to stop."

- ✰ -

"Fucking hell." Ghost grumbles as he pulls the binoculars down. I take it from him, assuming his position by the window. I press my lips together, finding the exact boat.

Not that it was hard, really. I could see it from here. "It's huge." Much more than huge, it was ginormous. The biggest ship here. How... "We can't sink that. Unless someone takes a fucking bite out of her, she's going to stay afloat." Soap sighs, rubbing his face with his glove.

"Are you saying that you are going to capture it?" Price speaks through the intercoms.

"There's no way to sink her without damaging other ships," Rudy pipes up. "We don't have a choice." I suck in a quiet breath. The ship was dripping with people from the Shadow Company.

It'll be impossible to get through. "We need to get it away from land." Alejandro meets my eyes.

"Limit the amount of Shadows that can get on board. We get on the ship and we take it from the inside." The leader of Los Vaqueros hands us a blueprint. Two levels beneath the deck. It'll be hell having to fight through all that.

"We'll take the control room. That's what we need. We need to make sure no—"

"Or, we can stop the order to go." I speak before the plan in my head works it's way out. Soap turns, following my finger as I draw a line from the deck to the control room. There's a direct link. Someone just has to get there. "Call the captain out. Say that Los Vaqueros has to run by a new message to to whoever is driving the ship. That'll keep them distracted."

"We give the Shadows new orders." Ghost growls, completely understanding. I blink at him. He's actually not half bad.

"If we separate the head from the body," Alejandro starts, before nodding slowly. "We move the ship out of the Port, to Price's gray area. Then, we leave it to him."

Soap hooks his thumbs against his vest, eyeing the change in plans. "Rudy, gather the captains. No matter what, make sure they're disengaged." Alejandro directs.