Blind

The past three months has been insane. Not only has things been heating up in my relationship with Letitia but my career was taking off. Everyone had my name in their mouths. After Ur Best Friend was released, I dropped Low and the internet went crazy. I released snippets of two songs on the album I was working on and everyone was gagging.

Many articles stating how I was setting the music industry ablaze as an independent artist. Many labels were reaching out with offers but I kept declining. I knew exactly how sheisty these labels could be and I wasn't allowing anyone to eat off of me.

Kehlani and I still kept in contact. She had just finished the last leg of her tour and with the approval of her management they approved a concert in America. Everyone thought I was going to be virtually performing but I was going to be there in person.

The tickets were $550 and up and they sold out in 10 minutes. The venue held a space for over 5,000 people. I was excited and a bit nervous as it would be my first show ever. We agreed I would perform a song off my album as the album would be released at midnight after the concert.

I'd made the whole album in my apartment. I wrote and produced everything myself. Letitia had been gone for a month and a half as she was filming two series that she was making cameo appearances in with Disney and Marvel.

We'd kept in touch often on FaceTime all night, even sleeping on FaceTime. I missed her like crazy but it just revved me to keep working harder so I had something she could be proud of.

"Girl, I'm going to need you to make me your official entourage." Tati squeals as she's kicked back in the private jet. Kehlani's label had sent it for me as a way to entice me into working for them.

"As if I wouldn't. You've been by my side for the bad, you deserve to reap the benefits of the good." I say, smiling.

"Awwww. Gayyyyyy." She chuckles and I roll my eyes at her.

We landed a little after 12 in the night. I turned my airplane mode off to check my notifications and watched as my Google notifications for Letitia went off. I frowned as I see videos of her and her co-star Dominique Thorne, and their co-stars.

There's a shit ton of missed calls and texts from Letitia but I mute her texts.

Dominique is dancing on Letitia, literally grinding into her. They're laughing and whispering in each others ear. Another video shows Dominique sitting beside Letitia with her legs thrown over her lap as they're talking. But what takes the cake is when I see several moments of them kissing, I search through the images for video to see the moments leading up to it.

I watch as everyone is posting them and saying Letitia cheated. My mentions is being blown up as people start tagging me. We never confirmed we were dating so it's really speculation but everyone seems to be in an uproar.

Tati looks at my screen and makes a face. I stay quiet as I quickly stop sharing my location with Letitia permanently. I'd disabled my location before I traveled to surprise her but it seems I was the one surprised.

"Yas..." Tati says, throwing her arms over my shoulder.

"Don't..." I say, shaking my head. "We weren't serious."

I write down lyrics in my song book, as I feel inspired by the hurt and anger as we're in the car. On the way to the hotel I text Kehlani deciding to be very destructive in the moment.

Finally you're here ! - Kehlani
Night cap? - Yas
Send me the addy and I'll pull up - Kehlani
I send the address.

By the time we pull up and get checked in, I hop into the shower for a refresher. I shake my curls out as I pull my hair out of the bun it was in, pull on my silk robe and head back into the living space of the suite to see Kehlani.