Ch 25 : Ghost Village (6)

Liu Xun went back to meet Su Ze before the trio decided to go back as it was approaching lunchtime.

Along the way, Liu Xun tried to rearrange the clues that he got from the old woman inside his head.

Her words sounded credible but they were not without loopholes and trustworthy.

First of all, the village head transpired something behind the scene with a suspicious man and they needed a corpse that did not get a proper burial.

Liu Xun knew that one of the conditions to become a Jiangshi was that their corpse did not get buried upon death so it was likely that the suspicious man was the one who created the Jiangshi.

At first, they thought that the Jiangshi might be Ah Lou, however, if the Old woman’s words were to be true then the corpse that was used to create a Jiangshi was not Ah Lou since, at that time, he was still okay.

Another suspicious point was that the village head simply said that Ah Lou went missing but the old woman confidently said that he was dead.

This meant that the old woman saw Ah Lou’s corpse and she either had a slip of tongue or intentionally revealed it to them during their previous conversation.

Honestly speaking, Liu Xun would rather deal with the village elder instead of a crafty old woman like her which made him have a headache trying to filter her words.

While Liu Xun was deep in his thought, Wan Yu who was silent for all time suddenly spoke up,’’ She was furious by the end of our conversation.’’

Liu Xun promptly woke up upon hearing this, he turned to ask Wan Yu who was still holding his hand,’’ At when exactly?’’

During their conversation, Liu Xun was too focused on her expression that he overlooked her body language but Wan Yu who was silently observing from the sideline saw it.

Her fingers that were holding the teacup turned white and faintly trembled.

Wan Yu slightly narrowed his eyes as he repeated the old woman’s words spoken during that time in an emotionless tone.

‘’ Was the corpse not buried?’’

Hearing this, Liu Xun inhaled a sharp breath.

Don’t tell me that she knows that Jiangshi?!

Su Ze who hasn’t heard anything from both of them did not understand their conversation but he silently glanced at their linking hands before saying,’’ Why are you still holding hands?’’

Liu Xun responded by lifting their linking hands and gave a sigh,’’ Ah, it seems that Ah Yu is not feeling well, do you want me to piggyback you?’’

The moment he heard this, Wan Yu seemed to come back to his senses as he quickly released his hand and darkly said,’’ No need to.’’

Seeing his rebellious face, Liu Xun started to lament like an old father,’’ Aiya, kids grow fast! It was not long ago that he said he was still a baby but look at him now!’’

The corner of Wan Yu’s lips twitched upon hearing his babbling, he gave a laugh,’’ Who is calling who a baby?’’

Hearing this question, Liu Xun’s mouth was faster than his brain as he replied right away,’’ Of course, Baby is talking about you!’’

Only after he said this did Liu Xun realize that he had fallen into a trap which caused his face to become beet red.

‘’Heh.’’

Liu Xun swiftly turned to glare at Su Ze who still had his usual expressionless face but Uncle Liu’s ears were still good and heard his cynical laugh as clear as day, thus, he gave an unkind smile in return,’’ Okay, y’all just wait and see. I won’t give you any food!’’