Ch 8 : Development

Wan Yu had suffered from Chen Si’s poisonous tongue firsthand so he coped rather well unlike a certain someone who still looked as if he was constipated.

In his previous life, he didn't get to listen to his Master's blunt talks for long as once others discovered that he could cultivate again, the Grandmaster personally took him in as his succeeding disciple.

At that time, His Master didn't protest either and he thought that it would be better to become an Inner Disciple so they simply parted ways.

And that was one of his worst decisions to make back then.

Even though, it was rather short his Master was one of the few people who helped him so this time for sure he would undoubtedly repay his gratitude.

“Your Master should be prohibited from making a joke!”

With that face of his, others would mistakenly think that his joke was the truth even if it sounded ridiculous!

Seeing his speechless face, Wan Yu lightly chuckled,” Xu Ge, don't take his words to the heart. Although his way of speaking sounds bad, he has no ill intention.”

Liu Xun gave him a big eye roll,” I would be freaking out instead if he were to suddenly say something sweet! Ai, let's stop talking about him and go to eat dinner.”

After done put down this sentence, he unconsciously grabbed the protagonist's hand to urge him to go faster.

Wan Yu silently moved his gaze toward their holding hands and his face involuntarily softened.

Due to his personality and numerous betrayals, he detested being touched by others but unexpectedly, at this moment….

He had no intention of letting go of this hand.

****

“Big brother Xu, where are we going?”

Wan Yu quietly muttered while stealthily glancing around.

This was his Master's Snowflake forest. This tree was special because its flower resembled that of a snowflake upon close inspection; when vying from afar the tree look shiny as if it was frozen during winter.

Therefore, this forest made quite a sight during spring his Master would occasionally enjoy his wine here but presently, it was summer so there was nothing to look at much less at night. That's why he didn’t understand why the other person suddenly dragged him here.

“Shush! Just wait and see.” Liu Xun confidently spoke without looking back at the boy and after walking for another while he suddenly stopped and exclaimed,” Okay, we're here!”

Wan Yu put on a curious look and glanced around but besides a bunch of bald trees densely packed together and the temperature was lower than usual, nothing was out of place.

He gave a questioning look toward the person before him to which the other person told him to wait.

So he waits.

1 hour later.

“Big brother Xu, it is getting colder now. At this rate, we might catch a cold so let's go back.”

Wan Yu decided not to wait anymore since looking at the other face which changed from being excited into doubtful then embarrassed as minutes passed by, he felt that whatever they were waiting for are not going to appear anymore.

In the meantime, Liu Xun was internally cursing the author inside his head.

Seriously, just because he was not the female protagonist this scenario could not be triggered?!