Ch 14: Forbidden Area (1)

Inside the receiving hall, Chen Shi swept his eyes at his disciples that were just gathered. 

After seeing that all the selected ones were presented, he announced,"I'm sure that you all know about the beast hunting competition that will be held by Floating Cloud one year from now on. Heavenly sect gives 15 places to the outer disciples, therefore, only the five of you will be participating."

After a short interval of pausing he added,"The training will be starting in one week so make good use of your time inside the forbidden area. I don't expect you guys to win so don't overexert yourself and just focus on gaining practical experiences."

Everyone presented nod their heads with a solemn expression, well—

Except for one person.

Liu Xun who has been eagerly waiting for him to finish hurriedly said,"Master, I have one question."

Chen Shi gave him a cold glance,"What?"

Without any hesitation Liu Xun said,"Can I not go?"

His question threw everyone off guard including Wan Yu.

To be able to get selected despite not having any spiritual energy proved how high their master thought of him. Not to mention, this opportunity was hard to come by so no one was stupid enough to refuse.

Meanwhile, Chen Shi who heard his question slightly squinted his eyes,"Why?"

Liu Xun gave an embarrassed smile,"As you can see, I cannot cultivate or whatsoever so it is such a waste to let me go."

Honestly speaking, Liu Xun did expect to get selected but he had no intention of going there.

This might result in him remaining a waste but he would rather stay like this than going along the plot.

Wu Jing going there was a turning point in his life so Liu Xun decided to go against it.

He also wanted to know whether he could avoid major events or not.

While he was contemplating, Chen Shi finally opened his mouth to speak,"Do you know how much money did I waste on you?"

Liu Xun, "......"

Ignoring his shocked look, Chen Shi mercilessly said,"Did you come to the Heavenly Sect just to become a Chef?"

Liu Xun, "......"

In the end, Liu Xun regretfully apologized after severely got reprimanded by Chen Shi.

Seeing that the other person seemed kind of down, Wan Yu spoke a few words of comfort,"Big Brother Xu, don't be afraid. The competition albeit sounded dangerous but nothing will go wrong."

At least not for him that's it.

Meanwhile, Liu Xun who heard his words gave a deep sigh.

He was of course not afraid of fighting with the ferocious beasts but he suddenly felt uneasy with the current development.

Albeit different isn't in the end he still going to the Dark Forest?

However, as long as he didn't meet that Demon he would still be fine, right?

Soon the day that they needed to enter the forbidden area arrived.

Including the inner disciples, 150 people will be participating.

The reason this place was called the forbidden area was simply due to it contained a lot of beasts as well as poisonous plants.

However, it was also densely packed with spiritual energy much more than any other place in the Heavenly Sect. So this place was mainly used for training.