Ch 9 : New character

Unlike the plain white uniform of the outer disciples, inner disciples' uniform had fleeting cloud pattern on their sleeves and was a set of combination between white and dark blue looking refined and elegant.

However, if one happened to be a succeeding disciple, he/she would wear an extra dark cloak.

Among the group of 5 people who were walking toward them, there were two people in the middle who wore the cloak.

Liu Xun slightly squinted his eyes while inspecting the handsome boy who had an elegant air around him.

It was not hard for him to guess the other person's identity since this person actually made quite a lot of appearances in front of the leads.

This is Wan Yu's cousin, Wan Hua.

There were three Elite clans who balanced the power in the imperial city, the Wan, Sun, Tu clan.

Although they appeared to be harmonious on the surface, they were actually always at each other's throat.

If any one of them saw a weakness of the other party, they wouldn't hesitate to grab it. That's why there was a rumor going around that Wan Yu's mother's downfall might be one of their doings.

Wan Yu's mother, Wan Shi used to be the most famous female cultivator as well as number one beauty across the mainland. She was undoubtedly the glory of Wan clan.

However, 8 years ago she suddenly disappeared without any rhythm of reason. No matter how hard the Wan clan looked for her it was no use. After trying to find her for four years, they were about to give up when Wan Shi suddenly came back.

Not a single person who saw her that day could ever forget how she looked like.

Wan Shi was the epitome of virtuous lady with a gentle temperament looking like an immortal who could not be touched.

However, that day, she wore a set of dirty plain clothes, there was not a single ornament on her body and her face lost their rosy color looking extremely haggard. What's worse was that she actually carried a little boy in her arms!

The Wan head, Wan Xue who was her biological father almost fainted once he was told that the boy was actually his grandson!

He tried to ask her about her disappearance and the father of this child but Wan Shi had her mouth clamped shut.

Wan Xue thought that it was embarrassing for her to say so he decided to drop the matter but when he found out that Wan Shi had lost all of her cultivation, he was furious beyond words.

In order not to make the clan lost its face, he decided to not disclose this matter and didn't announce the arrival of Wan Shi. Or so to say, he completely disregarded their existences.

Wan Shi knew that her time was not long and if things continued this way, her child would definitely suffer, therefore, she decided to tell her father about her son's dual ability.

And as expected, after Wan Xue found out about this matter, the mother and son pair could finally have a good treatment but things did not last long.

One year later, Wan Shi died.

The little Wan Yu was left alone to fend off by himself. If not for his dual ability, no one would even care to raise him.

Wan Xue didn't have the time to look after him so he let Wan Yu lived with his second uncle who was Wan Hua's father.

Wan Hua was two years older than him and was deemed as the most outstanding seedling among his peers but everything changed once Wan Yu came in.

If he needed to learn a few times before he could master it, Wan Yu only needed to learn once.