Ch 27 : Ghost Village (8)

‘’ Fine, you both can go together. We will talk later after dealing with the matter at hand.’’

Even by the time Han Zheng turned around, his expression was still ugly.

Su Ze quietly stared at Han Zheng’s back for a bit before turning to look at Wan Yu and Liu Xun, ‘’ Make sure to use the talisman and sent a signal to us if you were to meet any trouble.’’

After saying his piece, Su Ze too turned to walk away to do his part as previously discussed.

Ji Yan looked left and right before speaking in uncertainty,’’ Then… I will go look for Li Tong too?’’

Wan Yu merely glanced at him before dragging Liu Xun with him to walk in the direction of the willow tree.

In the end, Ji Yan was left behind in the dust so he could only trudge in the direction that no one went.

Liu Xun gave one last glance toward Ji Yan’s dejected back before finally asking,’’ Is it okay to suddenly reveal the fact that you can cultivate just like this?’’

Unlike Liu Xun, Wan Yu who was the person involved was not worried even the tiniest bit,’’ It does not matter since sooner or later, it will be found out anyways.’’

Wan Yu spoke as if it was a simple matter but Liu Xun knew that it was not as simple as he made it out to be.

First things first, even if others mistakenly thought that Wan Yu could cultivate three years ago, it was already an incredible feat to reach his current level.

One needed to know that those who entered at the same time as him; no one was anywhere close to him despite being accepted as Inner Disciples.

Ji Yan was already well-known throughout the Sect as an Imperial Stage 4, Liu Xun lost count of how many times the Inner Court tried to poach him to their side instead of staying here as an Outer Disciple.

That’s why there was no need to mention what troubles would come to Wan Yu, the moment those people heard about this matter.

Just until a while ago, Liu Xun was delighted that the matter of Wan Yu being recruited into Inner Disciple can be avoided since it has already been delayed for two years.

This gave him a glimmer of hope that he could change the plot.

However, it looked like he was wrong after all. Perhaps, the only thing that mattered was that Wan Yu would participate in the Beast Hunting Event as an Inner Disciple just like what was depicted in the novel.

In the meantime, Wan Yu saw his crestfallen face so he lightly shook their holding hands successfully bringing Liu Xun’s attention back to him.

‘’ What are you thinking about again?’’

Hearing his question, Liu Xun hesitated for a few seconds before deciding to ask,’’ Are you going to become an Inner Disciple?’’

Wan Yu did not even need the time to think as he gave an instant reply in a firm voice, ’’ No.’’

The moment the other party heard his answer, his eyes seemed to be lit up before abruptly dimming again causing Wan Yu to helplessly ask,’’ What is it now?’’

Liu Xun cautiously explained,’’ I mean… It is not that I am happy seeing you not going to a better place nor I am trying to hinder your prospective futur–’’

Wan Yu knew what he was talking about so he simply cut in,’’ I know.’’

He would be crazy if he were to abandon all the precious things here to go to that ugly place where he did not belong.