Chapter three-

(Y/n)'s POV

Entering Qatar was a nightmare. My parents didn't realize we all had to get our hayya cards approved before being allowed into the country. I assume it's for precautionary reasons, the safety for everyone, and international visitors —it took around 3 days to be approved. The day my dad said we were going to the World Cup final, he also mentioned leaving the next morning. However, we were supposed to be in Qatar two days before the final, but that plan didn't work out.

We only had a day to settle in our hotels, roam the city of Lusail, and prepare for the finals which is tomorrow. I doubt we will be getting any sort of sleep, after hearing my parents non-stop complaints about losing three-nights worth of money, and not being able to receive a refund from the hotel —sleep is not a priority right now.

The sudden flashbacks of what had happened in the last three days gave me a headache. I remembered spending the past 3 days trying to enter Qatar while my parents were screaming at Ale and I, as If we knew that the hayya card was required in the first place.

"Woah," Ale leaned over me, her eyes fixed on the window beside me. I turned my head to the side, eager to see what had caught her attention. I was absolutely blown away by the sight of a ginormous building. The building was massive, with a billboard in front, and beautiful palm trees on both sides. I could see the palm trees because they were brightly lit, making the building and billboard stand out.

"That's Kylian Mbappé, from the French team, and they say he's the next goat or whatever," Ale loudly spoke next to me. I glanced at the billboard Ale mentioned, and there he was, the so-called Kylian. He was the same person that I had seen in the photo Ale showed me a few days ago, standing right next to Neymar. But in this billboard, he was right beside Messi. Kylian and Messi seemed to be celebrating their goals with open arms in the picture. I assumed the billboard was promoting the big game tomorrow, the finals.

I had this weird deja vu feeling. It was like I've heard his name so many times before. All I remember is people talking about him during futbol games on TV.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that kid wins another World Cup, he's doing great things for only being 23, and if he keeps pushing, maybe he'll win the ballon d'or one day. Pero sólo Dios sabe," My dad spoke from the passenger seat after hearing Ale's statements regarding Mbappé.

After hearing my dad speak highly of Kylian, my eyes were drawn back to him. He looked so young, it was insane how he could do all that at his age. As the Uber driver continued driving us to our destination, I couldn't help but keep my eyes glued to the billboard, even as it slowly faded away from view.

Lusail was absolutely breathtaking at night, with its endless buildings lit up in various colors. It made the whole city shine so brightly. The city had such a luxurious vibe that made me feel a bit out of place. Maybe it's because I was so used to living in a place where there weren't many skyscrapers around.

"So I have a question, who's the goat at the current moment?" Ale curiously asked, most likely directing the question to my dad. I quietly waited for my dad's response, already knowing what he was going to say.

I knew this question would cause an argument, so this was going to be interesting.

"Messi."

A smile appeared on my face when I heard my dad's response. I turned to look at Ale, who was already looking at me and rolled her eyes, "I think it's Cristiano Ronaldo and my dad says its also Ronaldo too so."

"That's why I don't invite him anymore to my house" My dad laughed aloud. Of course, my dad was just playing around. Both him and Ale's dad enjoy watching futbol games together, but they have their occasional arguments. One is a Messi fan, while the other is a Ronaldo fan, so disagreements are expected.

Ale was like a mini version of her dad, so my dad loved getting her mad whenever he had the chance.

"That's funny because my dad says you still—"

"Ya cállense por favor, Alejandra relax please," My mom called out next to her.

And Ale listened. For the next few minutes, the only sound that could be heard was the car engine. For some reason, I ended up putting my earphones in my luggage, which was in the trunk of the driver's car. I was so focused on getting us an Uber that I completely forgot to take them out beforehand. Now I'm stuck here without any music.

I stared at every billboard and building that came into sight. Some billboards were promoting tomorrow's finals, but none were as massive as the first one I saw. Huh. The finals must've been really that important. It felt like the whole city was going all out.

The car ride felt like an eternity, until I laid my eyes on this enormous hotel. The structure was unlike anything I had ever seen before back in the States. Seriously, it was shaped like an actual U. Now I understood why my parents were so frustrated over losing three-nights worth of money, this place looked too expensive. The whole hotel was surrounded by palm trees and they had lights in every single one. But honestly, with the hotel being so gigantic, the palm trees were barely noticeable.

My dad thanked the driver once we came to a complete stop, before getting out of the car. We followed right behind him, and my eyes widened when I stepped out of the car and saw the hotel up close. It was absolutely beautiful.

"Come on, let's go," My dad handed us our luggages and then closed the trunk. The sound of our luggages hitting the ground echoed as we walked towards the hotel entrance.

"Imagine if you chose to stay at home over this," Ale said.

I didn't answer back. She was right though, I would've missed out if I chose to stay.

And I'm glad I didn't.

‎𐦍༘⋆