Chapter four-

(Y/n)'s POV

"If I see one more edit of that little morrocan girl and Kylian, I'm going to go insane," Ale turned around to show me another edit on her phone, accidentally moving the hair straightener. I've been working on her hair for the past hour, trying to get it as straight as possible. We spent two hours finishing my hair and now Ale is the only one who's not ready yet.

Once again, she moved to grab something from underneath her leg. "Can you stop moving? I'm going to end up burning your scalp, mensa," I put the straightener back on the same strand of hair and straightened it again. I was also getting tired of straightening her hair because the setting was at the highest temperature, which was 450 degrees Fahrenheit, "How come they're putting those two together in an edit?

Even I have seen a few of those edits in my for you page on tik tok and honestly, I had no idea what they meant.

"Cristiano is Kylian's idol and I guess he's going to get revenge by winning the World Cup. To be honest, I think everyone is just joking at this point," She explained. Who knows. Maybe she had a point, It kinda felt like a joke that everyone was jumping on.

I placed the last section of hair between the hair straightener and slowly straightened it. I ran over it one more time, ensuring it was as sleek as possible. Afterward, I turned off the straightener, unplugged it, and rested it on a towel.

Ale started brushing her hair, smoothing out every strand, "What do you think we should wear? Shorts or jeans? We should wear dresses (y/n), what do you think?"

"Ale I am not wearing a dress in front of 80,000 people," I laughed at her suggestion. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wear a dress to a futbol game before and I'm not one to judge those who do. But personally, I wouldn't wear one to a game.

As I was lost in my thoughts, there was a knock on the door. I looked up to see my mom entering the room, holding a black bag, "Look what your father brought," She reached into the bag and pulled out two jerseys, Argentina jerseys with the number 10 on both of them.

She placed both of the jerseys on the bed with a smile on her face. "I thought I told dad that I wasn't going to wear one," I sighed and watched as she gave me a serious look, signaling that she didn't want any annoyance from me today. Then, she headed towards the door and left.

"You know, we could always wear the dresses."

"We're not wearing dresses Ale."

Being in a stadium with 88,000 people, was extremely overwhelming. Luckily, our section was filled with Argentina fans, so the chances of any fights happening were low. The only downside was that some were really racist and the chants made me uncomfortable. The game hasn't even started and we could already hear the racist chants.

"When is the game starting? My legs hurt so bad," Ale complained while everyone, including us, was standing. It wasn't mandatory, but since everyone around us was standing, we decided to do the same.

The seats we had were super far from the field, probably the cheapest ones my dad could find. But as long as he was happy, it didn't matter to me. "I can't see shit from these seats," I leaned in and whispered in Ale'a ear, just in case my dad was listening nearby. She gestured with her head towards the two girls standing in front of us. They were wearing Argentina jerseys, but in a crop top version and even paired them with heels. To each their own, I suppose.

I looked back at Ale when I realized they were about to record themselves dancing again. They've been doing it for the past 30 minutes. They sneakily attempted to include us in the video, but we caught them recording, and they just laughed it off —Which is why I can't stand them.

Hopefully both teams come out soon.

Time passed slowly as we occasionally had to hide from the girls' phones, making sure we didn't appear in their videos. My patience was wearing thin as I eagerly awaited the start of the match. The crowd made me feel anxious and I just wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Shortly after, a massive group of people walked onto the field in a perfectly straight line, and started pulling out a ginormous banner —they carefully laid it down on the ground.

Oh, this must be the pre-match ceremony.

Then, the group of people started to leave the field, and another group began pushing an inflatable World Cup trophy towards the center of the field where the banner was laid. I wasn't sure if it was an inflatable but it was definitely a replica of the actual trophy. Once again, two different groups of people walked out on both sides of the field, pulling what looked like team flags. France and Argentina.

That was seriously the craziest thing I've ever seen. Small fireworks started lighting up around the trophy. And it was like that for a whole minute before it completely stopped. Out of nowhere, both teams started walking onto the field. The loudest cheers were coming from all around me.

When Argentina's anthem started playing, everyone around me, including my dad, sang their hearts out. I was surprised because I didn't know he knew their national anthem. Ale kept side-eyeing me as we tried our best to pretend we knew the anthem too. Once Argentina's anthem was finished, they proceeded to France's anthem, and I watched the Jumbotron showing all the players singing.

"Damn he's kinda fine," Ale said when she caught sight of a player on the screen, the camera moved so fast to the next player that I could barely catch a glimpse of who she was talking about.

This game was so intense. Messi scored within the first 22 minutes and both teams were giving their all. It was the cutest thing ever when they showed antonela on the screen after Messi scored. There's something truly genuine about Messi and Antonela's love story.

Again, Argentina managed to score yet another goal in just 13 minutes.

During the entire game, my eyes were fixed on Kylian. He really stood out from the rest of the players and caught my attention. Kylian's running style was so impressive. He effortlessly took these long strides and was incredibly fast. If I said I wasn't impressed, I'd be lying to myself.

Was there anything he couldn't do? He ended up scoring another goal, making it a tie with a score of 2-2. It's hard to pick a side. I always feel bad when the other team ends up losing.

While everyone around me was booing and even throwing cuss words, deep down, I was secretly rooting for Kylian.

‎𐦍༘⋆