Chapter twenty-eight

(Y/n)'s POV

Two weeks.

I faced a critical decision, with only two weeks remaining to determine what I truly wanted for myself in the end. Kylian didn't pressure me into making a decision, although his desire for me to stay was evident. We reached an agreement, or rather, I did, that if he made it worthwhile in the end, I might choose to stay. The responsibility was on him, and he promised to give his all to ensure I stayed in Paris with him. Still, I told him that if it was meant to be, everything would fall into place.

Here I am, currently sitting on the couch with Ale, in my pajamas and wearing my bunny slippers. Oddly enough, I was already missing Kylian, even though I had spent time with him just a few hours ago, stargazing outside his house. The date went well, although I never got to eat the pasta he attempted to make. Despite that, the numerous kisses he gave me made up for it.

The sound of Ale getting a message on her phone made me stop thinking about the date and now my attention was fully on her. "Neymar is here," Standing from the couch, she headed to the door to let Neymar in. We invited Neymar over to play Monopoly with us. Interestingly, he had never played it before, which was ironic considering there was a Monopoly edition called 'World Football Stars' featuring faces of fútbol players, including Neymar and even Kylian. Pierre purchased the game for us, and maybe someday we can play with him as well, once he stops being such a grumpy old man.

"No way! You actually listened and wore your pajamas. Now we're all matching," I immediately reacted when I saw Neymar wearing pajamas, as Ale had instructed. She believed it would match the vibes.

Neymar was dressed in a plain black shirt paired with red and black plaid pants. In contrast to the slippers Ale and I were wearing, he chose simple Nike slides with white socks. "I'm a great listener, you know? Now, where's the game you two wanted to play? I'm ready to win."

"More like you're ready to lose. I always win whenever we play Monopoly," Ale said.

"You won't win this time," Neymar responded, showing little concern for what Ale had mentioned.

"I will."

"No."

"Yes."

I rolled my eyes at the two of them arguing. Little did they know, I was determined to give my all to win. Ale wasn't exaggerating when she mentioned she never lost at Monopoly, years of continually being defeated by her had driven me to develop the perfect strategy to win. Getting ready, I cleared away some magazines from the table in front of the couch. Then, I brought chairs for everyone to sit on. Ale pulled out Monopoly and placed the board on the table.

I kept a close eye on her, ensuring she didn't sneak any extra fake money for herself. Staying clear of bankruptcy in this game was challenging, especially when the initial amount of money we were meant to receive wasn't enough. That's what I believed, at least. So, whenever I played this game with someone, they would always try to take a bit more than they were supposed to receive.

Ale handed out $1,500 of fake cash, starting with Neymar, then giving me another $1,500, and finally giving herself the same amount. I wish I had recorded Neymar's reaction when he picked up the colorful fake cash. He seemed so confused and it was quite funny. "Okay, so each of us received the amount we're supposed to get according to the rules. The remaining cash is in the bank, and usually, I'm the banker, but I think Ale should take on the role this time," I explained to Neymar.