Chapter twenty-six

(Y/n)'s POV

For the next few days, I dealt with the usual cleaning routine at the facility, which was interesting since I thought Kylian would stop making us go, considering he admitted he loved me. I just believed I would receive special treatment, but I was wrong. While cleaning one of the rooms, Kylian would occasionally check up on me, sending smiles my way whenever our paths crossed in the facility. He'd been working out a lot in the past few days, evident from the sweat on his face whenever I noticed him. I'm pretty sure he was getting ready for an upcoming game. Strangely, neither Ale nor I attended any of the matches. I had no idea which team was playing against PSG, but I didn't care enough to ask.

As I finished cleaning the last window in the room, I realized we only had two weeks left on the contract before we had to return to the States. It's crazy that eight weeks have already passed, time went by very quickly. Surprisingly, only the good things began happening just a few days ago. Soon, it will all come to an end. I also had to ensure I didn't miss the deadline for selecting my classes for the next semester, along with completing another form to secure a spot in the dorms again. Yet, the thought of doing all of that didn't excite me. And I knew exactly why.

"How much longer will you keep hiding from me?"

I turned around upon hearing the voice of none other than Neymar. Or should I say, the liar? Despite knowing that I was intentionally ignoring him, he stood there with his usual flirty smile. "Maybe I wouldn't have to hide from you if you hadn't lied to me," As soon as I told him, his smile dropped, and guilt took over his face. He knew he was screwed.

"What did I lie about?"

"This," I gestured toward my butterfly necklace lying on top of my chest, and his eyes moved toward my chest just as I spoke, before looking right into my eyes again.

The guilt vanished from his face in less than a second. Now, he looked serious, showing no sign of regret, "I shouldn't have lied about it, seeing that it didn't stop you from having dinner with him." Okay, seriously, how did the news travel so quickly around here? How on earth did Neymar find out about the dinner I had with Kylian? Something wasn't right. However, something inside me told me that even if I questioned Neymar about it, he wouldn't be honest with me.

"What's your point?" I asked, but he has yet to provide an explanation for why he lied about the necklace.

"My point is, you don't listen to me. I'm just trying to protect you, but it seems like you don't care."

Neymar couldn't be serious right now. What protection did I need from him? He was acting as if I were a child who couldn't handle myself. "Yes, I understand you don't get along with him, and he's a major player with a high body count. I only agreed to the double date because he begged me. By the way, who told you about that?" If Neymar and Kylian truly hated each other, there was no way they were communicating, so I needed answers. Rather than the usual stories about Kylian.

"I won't be staying here for too long. I'm leaving soon," Neymar said, completely disregarding my question.

I looked at him, confused, struggling to grasp the meaning behind his words and their connection to my initial question, "What do you mean?"

"I'm leaving PSG this summer, so if you have any trouble with Kylian, I won't be able to help." My heart sank to my stomach when I heard those words from Neymar. He was leaving PSG? The news completely shocked me. Did anyone else know about this?