Chapter thirty-eight

(Y/n)'s POV

After spending at least two hours eating a variety of Brazilian dishes with Neymar and Ale, Neymar decided we should go for dessert right after. Which was unnecessary, considering the restaurant offered plenty of Brazilian pastries. But, Neymar, who is very picky, insisted on getting ice cream instead. Here we are, the three of us, walking side by side with our ice cream cones in hand. How stupid were we? Really stupid. It was still winter here in France, and eating ice cream during the cold was probably not the smartest move. But oh well. The white chocolate cone I was eating makes up for it.

"So what happened on the 18th of December?" Neymar walked between Ale and me, turning his head to me, then to Ale, while licking his chocolate ice cream cone.

The question came out of nowhere. "We don't know," I awkwardly held the cone in my hand, no longer interested in eating it.

Neymar wasted no time, "Why didn't you ask your... boyfriend?" He really hated saying that word, the way it came out of his mouth told me everything I needed to know.

"She did, he doesn't know shit. The account is lying... supposedly," Ale murmured the last word.

That made me give her a death stare. I can't deal with trust issues right now, "Kylian doesn't know what the account was talking about and I believe him. You guys should too." Yes, at first, I didn't believe Kylian but he comforted me about everything. So I trust him now. And if I can learn to trust Kylian, then Ale and Neymar can too.

"No, I'll never trust that liar." Neymar made it clear. And I wasn't in the mood to convince him at the moment, so he can say whatever he wants.

No one said anything after that.

It was just the three of us continuing to walk, heading to who knows where, while we ate our ice creams. After one final lick, I was already searching for somewhere to throw away my ice cream cone.

"Ew! What the fuck is that?" Ale yelled out, but before I could even turn to look at her, she had pushed Neymar while she was trying to get away from whatever had scared her, causing Neymar to accidentally bump into me and force me onto the ground.

And I could have sworn that my ankle twisted a bit.

My ice cream cone also landed on the ground, "What the fuck Ale! Pendeja!" I yelled at her.

"I'm sorry! I swear there was this huge animal. It touched my leg!"

Ale turned and pointed to the place where this supposed animal came out from, but I didn't care about that. Instead, I watched as Neymar crouched down a bit, offering his hand for me to grab. "Are you okay?"

Before I took his hand, I grabbed my ice cream cone with my other hand, and then allowed him to pull me up, "Yes. I'm okay, thank you." I smiled at him.

"The fuck are you doing touching my girl?"

A voice, none other than Kylian's, yelled so loudly that it caused everyone to jump. What was he doing here? One second I was staring at Kylian, and the next, everything had happened too quickly.

He punched Neymar.

And Neymar did the same right back to Kylian. "Stop!" I attempted to separate Kylian from Neymar, while noticing Ale trying to pull Neymar away from Kylian. But neither of them budged. Kylian had his arm locked around Neymar's neck, while Neymar continued to punch Kylian on the side of his head.