Chapter thirty-one

(Y/n)'s POV

"Am I allowed to open my eyes now?" As Kylian guided me through his house, hands covering my eyes, I asked him. Apparently, he had a surprise for me and had me close my eyes right after entering his house. Two days had passed since he apologized to me at the apartment and gifted me a teddy bear along with a box of chocolates. So, I sort of saw it coming.

Fortunately, he told me in advance to dress comfortably, and I thanked him, not being able to imagine walking in a dress with my eyes closed. "No, not yet. Just a little more walking and then you can," Kylian's excitement intensified my urge to open my eyes even more. It had to be more gifts, but what kind?

The way he guided me was interesting, his front body pressed against my back, gently moving me forward with his own. If anyone else were here, they would probably have laughed at the sight of Kylian and me. We walked slowly, just like penguins.

After what felt like an eternity and with persistent nerves building up in my stomach, Kylian stopped me from walking any farther.

"Hola, mija."

What? No, it couldn't be.

Kylian uncovered my eyes, and I immediately opened them to find my parents standing right in front of me, with Ale beside them. My eyes shifted between both of my parents, finding it hard to believe that they were actually here. My smile widened in sync with theirs, and I eagerly ran up to them, hugging them tightly. "What are you guys doing here?" As they continued to hug me tightly between their arms, I whispered to both of them. Nine weeks had gone by since I last saw them. Although they consistently called or messaged to check on me, I was happy to finally be with them again. Why wouldn't I be happy right now? The familiar scents reached my nostrils, the same scents I had loved for many years. Regardless of where we were, their company always made it feel like home.

My dad was the first to step back from the hug, and then my mom did the same, with him explaining shortly after, "Kylian invited us, well, he flew us out. He spoke to my boss and got me a few days off." At the mention of his name, I turned to stare at Kylian, his face lighting up with the proudest smile. It made perfect sense, only he could make all of this possible.

After this, he will surely be forgiven.

"Really? When do you guys leave?" I asked my parents, well, my dad specifically, and I was hoping their trip wouldn't be too short. They hadn't been to France before, and I was excited about the idea of all of us exploring the city of Paris together, exploring its numerous stores and restaurants.

"We're leaving Sunday morning, mija," My mom spoke on behalf of my dad.

Sunday? Only three days away. Technically, I'm not counting Sunday since they leave in the morning, and today is Thursday. Regardless, I'm still glad they're here, "Bueno hay que aprovechar estos días entonces."

"Claro que sí," Ale agreed with me.

"I'm happy to know that you all will be spending these few days together, but first, let's have dinner together. Today is a special day for all of us," Kylian's eyes flickered to mine when he mentioned that today was a special day for all of us. For him, this day is probably the most important, especially with dinner arranged for all of us. Although it wasn't his first time meeting my parents, I could sense his intention to make a good impression, unlike the last time when it was more about him abusing his power during the contract signing.