Chapter twenty-five

(Y/n)'s POV

That same night, Ale and I dedicated a few hours to getting ready, trying out different outfit options. Eventually, I settled on a dark green overall strapped dress that complemented my figure. I wore black stockings underneath and a black sheer long-sleeve shirt beneath the dress, pairing it with black high-heeled boots. Given the cold weather, the outfit matched the mood perfectly. For my hair, I wore it down naturally and applied the same makeup I always wore every day. Of course, I chose to wear my butterfly necklace. On the other hand, Ale wore a brown long-sleeved crop shirt with a black skirt, paired with black stockings underneath. She chose black high-heeled boots. Unlike me, she had straightened her hair. And since she was going with me, she kept her makeup simple.

When it was time for our double date, I didn't know where we were going. Pierre surprised us by leading us to a back entrance of a restaurant. He clarified it was for privacy because Kylian preferred not to have the whole place to ourselves and didn't want anyone to see us using the main entrance. Meaning, there were other people dining in the restaurant. Which made no sense, as Kylian and whomever he decided to bring were already at the restaurant before Ale and I arrived. Pierre explained they had been there for a while, since they knew the owners of the restaurant. So here we were, all seated together at a single table in the back corner of the restaurant. To my surprise, the friend Kylian brought was someone completely unfamiliar to me. He wasn't a futbol player or an athlete of any kind. Ale was disappointed when Kylian introduced his friend, Brice Tchaga, to her.

Similar to Kylian, Brice had a thick accent when speaking English. He was Kylian's closest friend and also his hairstylist. Their tight friendship led Kylian to secure a deal for Brice with Dior, granting him the title of a grooming ambassador for the brand. But none of that seemed to grab Ale's attention. Although she hid her disappointment well, I could tell she wasn't happy at all. Typically talkative around men, she seemed more interested in her phone.

Well, until both Kylian and Brice finished ordering the food everyone wanted. "So Kylian, when did you fall in love with (y/n)?" Ale interrupted the conversation that Kylian and Brice were having. The question was enough to create an extremely awkward atmosphere. Brice fidgeted with the corner of his napkin, while Kylian briefly narrowed his eyes at her.

His eyes briefly turned towards me before quickly returning to their usual size, "When I first laid my eyes on her." I glanced away, feeling incredibly shy at his response, but I could hear Brice teasing Kylian in French.

"Was that before or after you tackled her?" Ale asked Kylian and I laughed a bit. I tried to hide it by taking a sip of water. Even Brice laughed and teased Kylian by shaking his shoulder. However, he was laughing a bit too much for my liking. It wasn't really that funny.

"I never meant to hurt her," Kylian responded, not finding her question amusing as his friend did. Ale remained silent afterward, and once again, the atmosphere became quiet. So quiet that I saw Kylian giving a glare at Brice before turning to look at me again. He smiled softly, the kind of smile that would reach his eyes and form crinkles around them. Even though I didn't return the smile, it didn't seem to bother him. He had been sending me soft smiles the entire time we've been here and I never responded with one.

Kylian returned to talking with Brice, so I turned my head to look around the restaurant. This had to be the fanciest restaurant I had ever been to. Despite our table being in the back corner, the glass windows beside us offered a stunning view of Paris. It was quite impressive.

A tap on my left leg brought my attention back, and I realized it was Ale sitting right beside me, using her hand to get my attention. I noticed she was motioning toward the small buffet on the other side of the restaurant. "We're going to grab some of that food over there, we'll be right back," Ale told Kylian and Brice. They both stopped talking, looking at Ale, who was getting up without waiting for a response. I quickly did the same, adjusting the hem of my dress as I stood up from my seat.