𝟏𝟒. 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐔𝐩𝐨𝐧

━━━Wildfire

Grace shifts her weight nervously as Daryl marches back up to the group after talking with Randall.

"Boy's there got a gang, 30 men. They heave heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead and our women, they're gonna wish they were," Daryl announces and Grace gulps.

"What did you do?" Carol speaks up with a soft voice.

"Had a little chat," Daryl replies, his eyes flashing dark for a moment.

"No one goes near this guy," Rick announces through gritted teeth, his eyes glancing over the group.

"Rick, what are you going to do?" Lori asks with a low voice, closing the distance between her and her husband.

"We have no choice. He's a threat. We have to eliminate the threat," Rick's words echo throughout Grace's eardrums. She snaps her head towards him and he averts his gaze from her.

"You're just gonna kill him?" Dale scoffs out, his eyes widening. Rick shoots him a quick glance and clears his throat.

"It's settled. We'll do it today," Rick nods his head, marching off as Dale quickly follows behind him. 

As the sun goes down over the horizon, the group gathers inside the house. Grace leans against the wall as the silence starts to fill the house and she gulps.

"So how do we do this? Just take a vote?" Glenn's the first one to speak up.

"Does it have to be unanimous?" Lori asks curiously and Andrea shrugs her shoulders.

"How about majority rules?" she replies dryly.

"Let's just see where everyone stands then we can talk through the options," Rick announces and Shane scoffs quietly.

"Well, where I sit, there's only one way to move forward," Shane speaks up harshly and Dale rolls his eyes with annoyance.

"Killing him, right? I mean why even bother to take a vote? It's clear which way the wind's blowing," Dale snaps back at him and Rick lets out a tiny sigh.