𝟏𝟗. 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧

━━━Wildfire

Grace steps foot inside the cellblock that's been freshly cleaned out. Grace's eyes dart around in amazement and Carol lets out a tiny chuckle.

Everyone finds their own cellblock and starts to settle down. Grace leans against the wall of hers, gazing over at Rick. He sits down on the ground and leans against the wall.

Grace gulps and walks over to him, sitting down beside him. Heavy, tired breathes escape Rick's lips and he leans his head against the wall, closing his eyes for a split moment.

"Rick, you can rest," Grace offers with a quiet voice and Rick opens his eyes.

"I can't. Still got a lot of work to do," he shakes his head. 

Grace can easily hear the tiredness behind Rick's voice. He's fatigued and needs so much rest, months of rest to catch up.

"Not till tomorrow," Grace points out and Rick chews on his bottom lip.

"What if there's walkers still in here? Or something else happens? I can't sleep," Rick denies, letting out a tiny sigh. Grace's eyes soften as she meets Rick's steady gaze and she frowns widely. 

"You cleared out this cellblock, it's safe. Nothing is going to happen. Go to sleep," Grace demands and Rick's eyelids become heavier at the thought of sleep.

"I can't," Rick replies dryly. Grace grabs onto Rick's hand and his eyes flicker up into hers. Rick's heart pounds against his chest as Grace's soft skin rubs against his.

"Rick, please," she begs him with despair in her soft, comforting voice.

"Ok," Rick nods his head and Grace gives his hand a gentle squeeze. Grace's body fills with relief as Rick's eyes flutter close and the tension on his muscles start to fade away. Grace leans against the wall and exhales deeply, closing her eyes.

The morning sun starts to peak through the windows of the prison. Lori steps outside her cell and anger pumps through her veins at the sight of Grace and Rick. Rick's head is slumped over on Grace's shoulder as he's trapped in a deep sleep.