𝟑𝟑. 𝐈𝐧 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

━━━Wildfire

Grace's breath shudders as she stares at Rick, pondering what to do. Rick's eyes dart around the empty hallway and he leans against the wall.

"What should we do?" Grace speaks up, her voice quiet and timid.

"You need to get back to the cellblock," Rick demands and Grace's eyes widen.

"Judith and Carl are in that cellblock. I can't risk it. I refuse to get them sick," Grace speaks sternly and Rick shakes his head.

"No, go," he pats Grace's shoulders.

"Rick, I've been exposed to the illness. You, Hershel, Daryl, Dr.S, and I were all in that cellblock. I cannot go back there with the kids. I would never forgive myself if I got them sick," Grace raises her voice, standing her ground.

"What if you don't even have it?" Rick sighs out, running his hand through his brown curls.

"It's better to be safe than sorry, Rick," Grace suggests as footsteps fill the empty hallway. Grace glances over Rick's shoulders, meeting Daryl's eyes full of concern.

"Hey, we've got a big problem," Daryl announces with a rough, gritty voice. Daryl leads Grace and Rick down the dark hallway and he shoves a door open.

Grace's heart rams against her chest as she stares at the scene playing out before her. Two bodies on the ground, unrecognizable as they are burnt to a crisp. Blood trails following the bodies and Grace gulps.

Tyreese stands over one of the burnt bodies with clenched fists and eyes full of tears.

"Tyreese?" Grace calls out as he stands there.

"You found them like this?" Rick asks, trying to glance over Tyreese's broad shoulders.

"I came to see Karen...and I saw the blood on the floor. Then I smelled them. Somebody dragged them out and set them on fire! They killed them and set them on fire!" Tyreese roars out, turning around and facing Rick.

"Careful," Grace warns Tyreese.

"You're a cop. You find out who did this and you bring to me. Do you understand? You bring them to me!" he demands, stepping closer and closer to Rick.