𝟑𝟐. 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐄𝐫𝐚

━━━Wildfire

The golden rays of sunlight peak in through the prison cell windows and hit Grace's face. The sun pokes her in the eyes and she stirs around, slowly coming out of her sleeping trance. Her eyelids slowly open and she blinks a few time, adjusting to the bright light.

She slowly stands up and wipes her eyes, squeezing them shut and scrunching up her face, letting out a loud yawn. She climbs out of her bed and changes into a new pair of freshly washed clothes. She walks out of her cell and the sunlights glistens on her face.

Rick's pistol glistens on the sink in his room and Grace furrows her eyebrows, stopping right outside of his cell. She steps into his room and swipes it.

She tucks the pistol into her gun holster and rushes out of the prison. The hot sun beams down onto her face and her eyes catch Rick, standing out in the field. Her body fills with relief as she travels into the field.

Rick spins around, meeting Grace and his face lights up with happiness. 

"Hi," Rick greets her with a kind smile.

"You plan on going somewhere without this?" Grace asks, pulling out Rick's pistol. His eyes lock onto his pistol and he sighs deeply, a frown tugging on his face.

"I don't need it anymore, Grace," Rick comments, shaking his head.

"I don't like you going out there without your gun," Grace says bluntly. 

"You going on the run today?" Rick asks, changing the subject as he cocks an eyebrow. Grace lets out a tiny scoff and shakes her head.

"No, I don't think so. I went on the last one," Grace explains, glancing back at the group loading the car in the courtyard. 

Rick opens his mouth to speak, but a whistle coming from outside the prison interrupts his thoughts. Grace glances at Michonne riding in and Rick sprints over to the gate.

Grace follows behind Rick and he tugs open the gate. The horses hooves thud on the ground as Michonne rides in and brings the horse to a slow stop. Grace helps Rick close the gates behind her.

Michonne slides off the saddle as Carl comes rushing into the field.

"Somebody hit the jackpot," Michonne explains, handing Carl a pile of comic books. His face lights up with excitement and his jaw drops.