Chapter 4

(So most of the sirens aren't really based off of any real kind of fish, but I decided to base Geno off of- a pufferfish.  I did this because he looks cute, but won't hesitate to stab you and kill you with deadly poison when threatened by Reaper's singleness.  This drawing is really lazy if you couldn't tell btw.  Don't mind my awful handwriting.  Should I base more sirens off of real fish based on what they're characteristics are? Let me know!)

Reaper POV

Todays the day I do it. I got the 'go' from the princes.  I haven't seen Geno in a few days to catch him off guard.  Hopefully he won't miss me too much. 

I chuckle to myself as I swim in the direction where I last seen the boat go.  This boat is the farthest I've ever seen one travel without being set on fire by its own captain.  Most sea captains are pretty insane these days so that's just another reason why the princes probably aren't going to kill them. 

Geno POV

I think that guy is finally gone for good.  Thank stars. 

I sighed and walked to the edge of the ship, looking off into the sea.  The stars reflected off of the water was so beautiful.  It's like we were sailing on the sky itself despite how cheesy that sounded. 

Ever since 'Reaper' started coming around, I haven't had time to simply look at the stars until now.  See, some days I'd just stay inside my sleeping quarters.  I just didn't feel like dealing with him.  Unluckily for me, my room is on the side of the ship.  With a window.  So that plan clearly didn't work out. 

However, I didn't check the stars this one night, because I didn't want to deal with Reaper.  Then Ink dropped his compass into the ocean.  We can't get a new one until we hit the next island.  We ended up getting off course for a few hours until night time hit.  Then I had to tell everyone to turn a whole twenty degrees.  Now I have to chart them really early before Reaper comes then sprint back inside. 

I think he finally got the message, cause for the past few days I've been Reaper free!  I've even been late with getting back inside multiple times. 
Then last night I decided to take my chances and stay out all night like I used to.  Guess what?  No Reaper! 

I sighed in contentment as I looked at the stars over the railing of the ship.  Peace and quiet.  Just how I like it. 

...

It is a little quiet.  I sighed again, just trying to make some background noise other than the waves I've grown used to.  Almost sick of. 

"You're sounding like a goth girl.  I know a way to cheer you up...". I heard Reaper's voice and quickly turned around, determined to not fall for whatever he's planning.  I didn't even get a chance to see his face when-

"How about you take a little dip?"

I felt a rough push on my shoulders, causing me to tumble over the rail and fall off the boat. 

'Well.  Never mind that I guess.'  I thought as I splashed into the abyss of sea.  I saw a second bombard of bubbles above me right after I fell in. 

Well fu€k....

did you know that half-sirens are really good swimmers? 

I took off with a kick, allowing my movements to become natural.  I didn't need to look behind me to know how far Reaper was.  I could hear the water swish out of the way as Reaper cut through it.  I know I'll probably have to go back up for air soon so I couldn't keep doing this forever.  I can hold my breath for 20 minutes to half a hour.  Never really needed to be underwater longer than that, so I never pushed my limits. 

I swam about halfway around the ship, parallel to where I fell off.  I gathered as much speed as I could and shot out of the water. 

(So this is how Reaper keeps getting onto the boat.  Huh.)

I feel myself slow down as I get closer to the deck.  My hand grabs the railing for a second before slipping off, resolving into my plummeting back into the water. 

"Nice game of tag we had there huh?"  Reaper said with a bubbly voice.  His tail was wrapped around my legs and tail so I couldn't go anywhere. 

So remember when I said half-sirens are really good swimmers?  They're about half as good as a siren. 

I honestly should've expected this. 

I couldn't really talk because we're underwater at the moment, and I don't wanna risk myself dying- again.
I never really felt the need to test if I could talk underwater. I know I can hold my breath for a very long time, and most animals that can as well don't 'breath' water. I'd rather not risk it.

I glared at Reaper instead of speaking. Reaper seemed to understand, and chuckled at my silence.  I gave him the finger and tried to escape from his tail's grasp.  He chuckled at my attempt and scooped me up, holding me with his one arm under my knees, and the other supporting my back.  I once again struggled a bit which did absolutely nothing.  I gave Reaper a look that said:

"LET ME GO 4SSHOLE!" 

Of course he understood.  He just didn't do it.  I roll my eyes and do my 'underwater scoff' as Error used to call it.  Fresh wanted to see this 'new era of amazement' but couldn't, due to the fact that he wasn't half-siren and took most of our mom's genes.  The only siren traits he had were holding his breath for ten minutes (He has the record at our home island for obvious reasons.), and his eyes.  Let's put it this way.  If life was a game of D & D, he'd always have + 8 persuasion. 

Eventually I just went limp out of exhaustion.  

"There we go~"  Reaper purred.  I inwardly groaned in response.  He put me back upright, but still kept a grip on me with his tail.

"So, the reason why I brought you down here is so I could talk- or well- ask you something."  Reaper explained.  I raised my 'eyebrow' to point out my position. 

"Anyway.  I was wondering if you'd like some protection from other sirens."  Reaper asked.  My eyebrows knitted as I thought. 

This was something I've been thinking about for a while.  Ever since Reaper came, there has been a higher risk to the crew.  Who knows if more would follow him. 
Ok but...

I began making letters with my finger in the water, leaving trails of bubbles that dissipated as soon as I start on the next letter. 

"'What's the catch?'  Nothing!  At least in my opinion.  So.  You in?"  Reaper asks. 

I hesitantly nod my head. 

Reaper starts to hum a tune, causing me to go into a daze state.

Reaper POV

I push the fabric on Geno's neck down.  I know he's gonna kill me later, but I'd rather have that than have the chance to let them kill him. 

What do ya know.  Someone else already did it. 
Challenge accepted. 
I don't think I have to worry about that though, especially if my suspicions are correct.  Maybe I can make it up to Geno. 

"Hey Geno.  What was your brother's name?"  I asked.  He made a trail of bubbles spelling out the word 'Error'.  I grinned.  Isn't it my lucky day? 

"This might hurt a bit."