Ch: 16

Killer sat at the front of the ship. His feet dangled over the bottomless abyss of the sea. Oranges, yellows, and pinks blended together. You could barely tell where the horizon was thanks to the reflection on the water.

Killer played with his knife, balancing it on one finger, then toss it up and catch it again with the same finger at its tip. The sunset gave Killer a little sense of wonder and contentment, also giving him dim eye lights.

"Pretty ain't it?"

Killer jumped at the voice, nearly falling off the ship if it wasn't for the owner of the voice gripping his hand.

"Woah there!  Wouldn't want you falling off now would we?" It asked, pulling Killer back up to the railing with ease.
Killer's eyes widened seeing who it was.

"Hey there. Chill out, I'm not gonna hurt you." Regardless, Killer scooted away from Dream.

"So, what brought the guppy here?" Killer asked. His eye lights were still visible, but smaller.

"You looked like you needed some company." Dream smiled nervously.

"I-I think I'm gonna go back inside now- hehe." Killer got off the railing and started walking backwards to the stairs in order to not take his eyes off Dream.

"Oh no you don't, come on back here." Dream said.

"Na- heh I'm good. As cute as a siren like you is, no thanks..." Killer continued walking backwards toward the stairs.

"I don't think so." Dream started humming a tune. Killer froze up and his eye lights disappeared, disappointing Dream. Dream continued to hum until Killer walked over to him and sat back on the railing. Killer blinked and shook his head, being put out of the spell after Dream stopped humming.

"Did I fall asleep or something? That was one weird dream- OH MY STARS-" Killer stopped mid sentence seeing as he didn't magically fall asleep, and Dream wasn't a dream. Well, Dream is Dream, but he isn't a dream. I mean, he can give people dreams, and can go into other people's dreams. People can dream about him, then he's a dream. But this time, Dream wasn't a dream. Dream was a Dream. Ok. Forget it.

Killer scooted away from Dream on the railing only for Dream to scoot closer than they were before. He put his arm around Killer's shoulder so he couldn't scoot away again.

"So, you didn't answer my question from before. It's pretty, ain't it?" Dream repeated. Killer, seeing no way out of this regained his confidence.

"Neither did you. Did I fall asleep or something?" He repeated in the same fashion as Dream.

"Well, you didn't answer my question. So I won't answer yours." Dream compromised.

"Deal." Killer agreed.

"Your name is Killer, right?" Dream asked.

"You didn't answer my question, so I won't answer yours." Killer smiled slyly.

"Touché. Well, you didn't fall asleep. It was my magic." Dream explained.

"Ok." Killer said. He backflipped off the railing and stood up in one motion, teleporting himself to the door.  Just as he was about to slip through, Dream teleported and grabbed Killer's wrist.  Dream teleported Killer and himself back to where the originally sat. 

"Nice trick there.  Didn't quiet work though."  Dream smirked

"Eh, what can I say? I try." Killer grinned.  He may seem calm, but he was mentally freaking out. 

"Do you like sunsets?"  Dream asked, trying to keep a good conversation going.  He could use his magic, but that didn't quite work out.  He learned that the hard way.