Chapter 21

Geno awoke that morning to everyone giving him weird stares and whispering to each other.  This lasted throughout the morning until the Birb had enough. 

"Ok.  What's going on with all of you?!  Did Killer draw on my face again?"  He said, trying to identify the nonexistent scribble with a spoon.  This only resulted in more slightly aggressive whispers arguing over who's gonna tell him, no one daring to step up. 

"Is this gonna be one of those things?"  Geno asked, annoyed. The group nodded. He rolled his eyes, getting his coffee and a few pancakes. They all sat at the same table.

"Hey Kills, you done?" Cross turned to the teary-eyed, who nodded giddily.

"Good, now go do your magic." Killer practically danced to the door in excitement. He breathed in the fresh morning dew, uncaring of the stares he was receiving.

He skipped down the roads and went straight to the announcement tower.  He waltzed in, straight to the studio. A few people tried to stop him- but with a few panicked: "The pirates are coming! They're almost here!" They easily let him through. He pushed past the guy that's supposed to be on the announcements and grabbed the mic. He took out some index cards, but then realized he didn't need them. He cleared his throat.

"Attention all residents of Buttham-" he got cut off by someone whispering to him. "Oh- uh huh. Sorry- Bringham. I have come to warn you that we are about to be attacked by pirates. This is not a drill. Be especially fearful of the one of floof. He looks fluffy- but each and separate hair on his coat that is filled with a deadly poison- with even one prick you die." Outside the studio, multiple people gasped.

"I will also warn you about Britney. Ok~ bye~ I love you mommy and daddy. I TOLD YOU I'D BE FAMOUS." He then blended in with the crowds of panicked people, going back to the hotel. By the time he got there, everyone was all ready to go.
"Ok. Everyone, usual supply run. Just be careful because the guards are actually loyal here. Let's go!" Cross announced, then everyone was off in a jiffy.

Horror was the first to arrive at his destination. The grocery store. The lights were still on when he walked in- some things were spewed out on the floor.  He picked up a chocolate bar dropped by the cash register and tossed it into his mouth.  Wrapper and all. He chewed with a hum and got out two shopping carts. He pushed one and pulled the other, randomly tossing things he thought they needed into carts. When the carts were full, he'd go to the back and bring out a bigger cart and dump everything in there.

During his 2nd time around, he felt someone hug him from behind. He tensed before recognizing the fingerless gloves resting on his stomach.

"Lust? What're you doing here?" Horror asked, spinning around to meet the small skeleton.

"I just wanted to see my one and only~" Lust said, resting his hands on the taller's chest. Unfortunately, the level was locked.

"Oh, um. Ok. Can you give me like- ten minutes? I need to finish doing my rounds then we can hang." Horror smiled with a slight blush. Darn side quests.

"We'll do! I'll be in the front." Lust waved to Horror, knowing he wouldn't take long. And he sure as hell didn't. Never has he ever finished restocking so quickly. He even had time to grab some crates in the back.

When he was done, he raced towards Lust, who was patiently humming. Horror heard him and got caught in a daze. He didn't even notice the smaller approached him until he stopped humming.

"Hi Rory~" Lust said.

"Hey Lu. So what brought you up here?" Horror asked, throwing a cash register out the window and sitting where it's ghost lied.