Chapter 11

The expedition towards have come to a hold after hours of travel and their companions deserves a rest and so do they. The human body can only endure so much till it reaches its breaking point. Hiccup and the twins probably could go on for few more hours but they doubt the other would be able to... Thus they make camp in a forest that was near the main pathway but also most importantly well hidden from preying eyes.

"Rest now bud... Another long journey awaiting us at Dawn" He run his hand across Toothless' fur to which the wolf cooed happily at the feeling. He carry on by giving Toothless some alone time for him to enjoy eatting his dried up fish. Hiccup turned around to meet the view of the others trying to settle for the night and he spotted the captured enemy still unconscious, he will integrate him tomorrow for information but for now he rest. He then turned his head and saw that Elsa was looking at him but she quickly avert her eyes somewhere else once she was caught in the act. He frown slightly at her, does she wants to say something to him? It seems like it, she wasn't looking mad it any particular way towards but in a rather shame and sadness.

What was he even thinking, it doesn't concern him weather or not she is sad or not, just getting her safely to the Kingdom of Corona and move on in life, that's the plan. Let's not get over ourselves and side track to much. The longer they stayed out here, the more vulnerable they become. Sure he was capable and adaptable fighter but he was still in fact human therefore he was tied down with flaws and inprefection and will always be bonded to make mistakes.

He doesn't fear death but he fear losing friends who are close to him like Toothless for example and knowing that many of his friends and allies have all been slained in Blackwater was just heart numbing. Shaking off from his intrusive thoughts and having them for another time, he proceeds to sat down neaf the fire where Fishlegs had lighted with his fire magic but it also with the help of the Twin's combined effect of collecting as much firefood and dry leaves. Teamwork really does make the dream work... He supposed.

"Atleast the Fishlegs and the Twins are getting along well..." Hiccup thought humorously to himself while he watches the Twins constantly bombarding the poor husky mage who was trying to pratice his many spells... Hopefully Fishlegs doesn't lose it and burn those two muttonheads to ashes. His eye averted back to the fish he was currently cooking over the fire that he had caught not long ago.

He was zoning off from time to time, only coming back to reality to check the state of the fish he was cooking before diving back in to his daydreaming... That was until he felt a cold presences sat beside him. His eyes flicked to the right and examined the figure of The Queen herself. She sort of just sat next to him in complete silence while she watches the fire dance in front of them and oddly enough... He had zero objections to it... She can do whatever she wants and after all she was a Queen.

She too was grilling her own fish but he was certain she was trying her best to understand the process of cooking it over a stick and she was probably not sure what state the fish should it be in order for it to be edible. He understood that she never in her life had cooked for herself, being royalty and all that. She probably never even seen a proper kitchen before if he was being honest with himself. He then looked at his own diner and at her's and when comparing the two... it was clear that his was perfect cook while Elsa's was no where near consumable.

"Here... have mine." She turned to take a peek of him but quickly wonder off to other things that weren't his green eyes. She grateful and very much surprised by his offer, one... she had no idea if her fish was cooked or not, it may looked edible at the outside but the inside could be raw... and she wasn't gonna take that chance. On the other hand she was surprised because she did not expect the mercenary to be so opened to talking with her after the argument and her basically shit talking about his choice of work.