Chapter 8

Tamayo, Yushiro and Nezuko went into the basement for the time being as the sun had risen. Tanjiro was called along with you.

You had agreed to help with Tanjiro and apologized for the short outburst, though now clear and understanding, they were quick to forgive as you were right with your feelings and thoughts.

Waiting outside you look at your fists, and your hands, scarred and rough. If you could lay down and just rest that would just be oh so wonderful. But you have something to fight for, and even if you did you would fight regardless. Mama wouldn't like to see you like this. 

You pull out a journal and began to write.

Moments later Tanjiro returns with his trademark box.

His crow said to head in a different direction than you for you were said to return to the butterfly mansion.

---

The room was empty, but it was filled with tension.

You could most definitely feel it

You sat in front of Shinobu as you awaited the issue, you were relaxed but you could almost see a vein pop out from her oh so perfect face. Happy smile, eyes closed, her hands relaxed but her body stiff.

You both got off on the wrong foot but you were able to redeem yourself through your time living at the estate though now you weren't too sure what you had done wrong especially when you hadn't been here in quite a few days. It wasn't hard to tell that she had a relatively short temper, though long compared to you, it was easy to tell if she wasn't happy. It's just instincts.

She remained quiet.

"So uhh," you looked around and rubbed your neck "how are you doing?"

"Could be doing better." she remained as secretive as possible.

You nodded "That's good, good to hear." You were sure that you didn't do anything wrong "So why am I here."

Her smile faltered for a moment and opened her eyes a bit, "Who did you send for the chemicals?" 

You looked at her odd "What?"

---

You looked inside the box with a mass amounts of labelled vials with hay on the side.

Though you weren't facing Shinobu you could feel her grip her blade. "Explain yourself."

"This is for you." You pulled out some vials and carefully observed the small labels. "It should help you."

You tossed a vial to her and she inspected it.

"I know that this would be useful to me but you compromised my safety and location. It should be out of respect that you do not reveal my location and as a slayer you don't disobey orders" 

"Relax." you responded "You can trust those guys, I do. This should help alleviate your funds, even though you are extremely rich you can now use money elsewhere and these are hard to find. Took a lot of convincing for me to get these." You also forgot about the orders, didn't really pay attention for that matter.

Though she was mad that you disobeyed the code and placed her in a worrying position she couldn't deny the help that you have been delivering such rarities. She looked at you organizing the small vials and realized that she never even got to know you in the time that you were here.