Chapter 9

I apologize for the wait but man gotta maintain that grind you know?

Though I did get lost in the sauce.

---

He blocked your attack.

Even though you had your brass knuckles on it didn't seem like you did any damage to him despite his mangled arms. He didn't even show any physical form of pain or discomfort. He was emotionless. Despite his small stature, he was much stronger than you anticipated, is this the power of one of the moon demons?

He slid from your attacks and although his arms took your attack he still stood.

"He is one strong demon, be careful." Tanjiro was terrified of any attack from this demon as he watched him cut up one slayer earlier with no effort.

You rush in again while his arms were down on for it to immediately heal up.

One silk strand sliced at your legs and you hopped up in time before getting cut up.

Taking a moment to reanalyze the situation was now impossible, giving you no time to breathe you moved as quickly as possible trying to remain unpredictable to the slashes that the demon had delivered. Thankfully the other demon beside him watched as the two of you traded blows and rushed at each other.

Despite his appearance, he was abnormally strong in comparison to other demons that you fought. You weren't sure how you would defeat him as he whipped the spider silk at you, slicing through the air. This was a completely different ball game. Even in the pits against those, twice your size seemed doable, they were still human without the speed and power of inhuman powers. 

You were catching your breath as you stood in front of Tanjiro, who was still recovering on the ground. You had lost your momentum and had to wait for another opportunity to strike and to reconquer that tempo.

Tanjiro was standing up now and he was still battered but the box held its shape.

You walked to the right slowly as Tanjiro sat there, though you were safe Tanjiro was still recovering and weak. A trap that you saw through his precise throws, his throws had resulted in a web that would entrap you and surely maim you. Though this trap was for Tanjiro, as the webs flew at him you rushed at him and covered him in a desperate attempt to save him. Hopefully, this wouldn't kill you but hearing the way that it sliced through the air you knew your fate was sealed.

Silence

You look over to see that Nezuko had saved you, she stealthily jumped out of the box to save you both. Though she was severely hurt, the blood poured out and her flesh struggled to hold together.

Grabbing them both, you gain some distance as you leapt behind a thick tree. 

Holding her wrists together all seemed to quiet down as your senses heightened.

Though Tanjiro was beyond worried about his sister you focused not the threat. He would have to pay by blood.

"Boy, let's talk. Come on out."

You walked out but you were silent.

"The thing is I was moved. Seeing the bond you all share gave me the chills." He put his hand on his chest. "Though I know that you are not related to those two I doubt there are any words in this universe that can describe how moved I was."

You stared at him, you weren't listening but when he looked up at you he could see the hatred in your eyes.

"But now the only thing left for you is death by my hand. It would be sad if it came to pass right? But there is one thing, just one thing that will let you escape me. The demon, the sister, give her to me without a fight and I will at least spare the brother's life. You pissed me off and you won't be able to beat me" He raised his hair to reveal the text in his eye, Lower Moon 5